The VG Resource

Full Version: Primal Rage: Graveyard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yeah, I noticed the Graveyard/Final Battle Stage wasn't ripped yet so I figured I'd do it. (I've been ripping stages from the Genesis/Mega Drive version as well too but those sheets are a little sloppy and will need to be organized before I release them.) Anyway, here it is:
[Image: thegraveyardsnes.png]
Oh, did I overlook it? Just selected all characters in the vs mode and captured the bgs with vSNES (which is neccessary to get a 100% proper rip).
Yeah. You did. The Final Battle (The Graveyard) can only be accessed in Single Player on a difficulty of 10 or higher after conquering the planet. It's not just the SNES version either that has this requirement. Most of the home console ports (not including the handheld ports which differ greatly) require you to play single player on difficulty 10 or higher. The PS1 version is one of the few where you can access it on any difficulty. (you still have to play single player though.) The arcade version also allows this as well iirc.

Edit: Also noticed you're missing Talon's and Chaos' stages just now.
But you ripped this bg with vSNES, did you? Just asking.
No I ripped it with SNES 9x v1.53. I used Animget to get the screenshots faster. Also, yes, I made sure it was at the proper resolution before you ask.
Proper resolution is not the problem, it's just the incorrect rip you made because you can't avoid the scroll effect with "classic" ripping.

Try vSNES out and you'll be surprised about how it really looks like.

Download the tool, import a zsnes quicksave and go to scene viewer (mowgli symbol in the upper taskbar). Then go to layers (bg1, bg2, bg3...) and save the pictures with the discette symbol at the window bottom.
ZSNES is horrible with emulation. Seriously, it sucks. But whatever.

I'll give VSNES a shot though. Unless you want to rip it. I think I might have a savestate (though it's for SNES9X as SNES Primal Rage doesn't like ZSNES and can be downright unstable such as the game potentially freezing when Diablo does Inferno Flash among other things.)

Also Version 1.53 of SNES 9x is the latest version and is more accurate than ZSNES ever could be. (and faster than BSNES which is currently the most accurate one but also the slowest thanks to the fact the author keeps adding crap to it.)
Never understood why zsnes is so horrible, snes9x also cuts off one pixel from bgs.

And no, I'm not doing it since I have enough other games on my list.
So Davy, I took your advice and you were right. While ZSNES still isn't that good the save state editor is useful so I'll probably keep it around if I decide to rip anymore SNES sprites in the future. On another note:

[Image: thegraveyardsnes.png]
[Image: theruinssnes.png]
[Image: thestripsnes.png]
Looking good =)
A word of warning when using Primal Rage on ZSNES. The emulation problems are severe. Not only do voice effects not play properly but sometimes when using certain attacks, the game will freeze. On the latest official version of ZSNES it still does this. The latest version of SNES9x doesn't seem to have the voice or freezing problems however. (version 1.53. Apparently the team is still working on 9x. Not sure if ZSNES is officially as the last download update on their site was 2007. So, either they've stopped updating, or they're not posting on the site anymore.)

Oh I should probably note that the characters have a total of three alternate palletes: http://spriters-resource.com/snes/primal...heet/46980
This sheet's actually missing a few sprites. And no, I'm not talking about the infamous Golden Shower Fatality sprites either, it's censored in the SNES version. (there is a slim chance the sprites are in the ROM still though, albeit unused.) The Flying Butt Smash move's sprites are missing. Also, Cannonball's but those two are about the same... so... yeah... I could probably rip the sprites but I'll need permission from Shade to add the missing sprites to his sheet. Same with his Armadon sheet as well.

And yes, I probably know too much about Primal Rage. XD
If you rip the missing sprites, be sure that the palettes match. I tried vsnes, zsnes and bsnes on Paws of Fury and got three different palettes for the first stage.
Well BSNES would have the most accurate pallete technically in that situtation. A similar thing happens with Gens, Gens GS (the version I use to rip sprites.), and Kega Fusion. It's a pallete emulation thing. I think Gens GS though is pretty close to the Kega Fusion pallete accuracy though however. So after I rip them, I might correct the pallete to match the BSNES pallete since it's the more accurate of the three. I'm not sure when I'll get on to doing the extra sprites though.
Hey Tonberry2k, you missed the rips I did. Ignore the one in the first post.
Tonberry will get them later because icons take time, but you can speed up the process by making them yourself:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=6534
Pages: 1 2