The VG Resource

Full Version: architecture background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: XzDvX.png]

big wip

working out logistics

you can help with that, if you want. but you dont have to.

c+c

newest version
[Image: MTOPl.png]
I didn't know you were still making stuff Dev. Smile No complaints here, I like it a lot. You used the gradient and dithering to full effect here and it looks great. Keep going buddy, I'd like to see some gargoyles or something!
thanks dude, i am but not as often as i should or as often as i'd like to do stuff.
definitely going to have a statue or two in here - probably not a gargoyle, though! maybe a soldier.

[Image: H0YK5.png]

update. refined a lot of the shading and did some of the upper stuff. filled out the middle pillars and reshaped everything so that its formatted properly.
idk about that really thin structure, it looks really fragile, but that might be just me. Also, I'd move the thicker column's vertical line one pixel inward so the arches are slightly protuded.
(09-24-2012, 07:00 AM)Crappy Green Gors Wrote: [ -> ]idk about that really thin structure, it looks really fragile, but that might be just me. Also, I'd move the thicker column's vertical line one pixel inward so the arches are slightly protuded.

I just assumed it was an extension of the wall as opposed to a stand alone object. If that were the case, I doubt the columns structural integrity would be too much in question
as of now, the columns look like stand alone objects, but that might be because the middle wall isn't shaded yet. If that's the case, then I take my c+c back. It looks really good so far.
[Image: tsaiI.png]
still working on it. i've opted to put a Niche in the middle of the area and throw some marble around it. first time doing marble! man!

by the thin structure, i assume you mean in the middle of the windows?

Quote:Also, I'd move the thicker column's vertical line one pixel inward so the arches are slightly protuded.
will do. i'm planning on cleaning it up slightly at some point, as well, and in that process will probably experiment with a few other size/proportion things.
[Image: KFjEn.png]
still haven't adjusted the size of the pillars yet, but the its finally starting to flesh out a little bit. All thats left as far as main details go are the statue in the middle, the floor and the bounding areas.
isn't this from that castlevania title you were working on?
yeah it is
[Image: WZXjH.png]

i made a bad statue, increased the brightness/contrast of the marble and did some other stuff i think, i honestly dont even remember
WOW this looks amazing!! im not sure if I see the back or front of statue?
holy shit this is perfect

you came here at the right time too, i just developed this new found love for castlevania
thanks dudes Cute
[Image: RbTX1.png]
Awesome job with the floor, you can really feel the lighting. ;D
The marble struture is really impressive Surprise

i am not sure thoug if the part on the very bottom is a floor or a wall I would have thought floor but it goes so dark so quickly it looks like it is going down wards? Shy
Pages: 1 2