The VG Resource

Full Version: Team Building Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This'll be ongoing as I have more to discuss. I'm doing the battle subway. I'm also getting a battle team together.
Let's start here. What's a better tag team?

Jellicent
Bold
Shadow Ball
Water Spout
Will-o-wisp
Recover

Infernape
Adamant
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Close Combat
Thunderpunch

or

Chandelure
Timid
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Will-o-wisp
Energy Ball

Swampert
Waterfall
Avalanche
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

Infernape isn't permanent. I'm just trying to find a good pairing for Jell. Preferably a versatile physical Pokemon who has some fire attacks.
If you do plan on sticking with Infernape, you should probably give it a physical fire move since it's Adamant. Also, I don't remember if Chandelure has levitate or not so you should probably avoid using Swampert's Earthquake. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to say.
It doesn't. Flash Fire. I wish, haha.
Team building is fun. I think I'll just make two teams. Off to breed a Treeko!
I figure we can make this into an all-purpose team builder thread. Here's mine so far:

Zapdos (Pressure)
-Heat Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-Hidden Power (Grass)

Ambipom (Technician)
-Fake Out
-U-Turn
-Double Hit
-Brick Break

Scrafty (Moxie)
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Zen Headbutt
-Drain Punch

Jellicent (Water Absorb)
-Shadow Ball
-Recover
-Water Spout
-Will-O-Wisp

I need two more to round out the team. Some glaring omissions are a bulky Pokemon, steel, psychic, and some Ground and Ice attacks. All of this is pointing me toward a Metagross. Any other ideas?
I'd go with Metagross. Sad
Ok. Here we go. Five and six.

Metagross (Clear Body)
-Ice Punch
-Grass Knot
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash

Sceptile (Overgrow)
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast

Ok coverage. I generally like to have EQ/Tbolt/Ice Beam on the team twice, but this will have to do. Thoughts?
My personal opinion; I would've went with an aggron instead of a Metagross. But I guess I use some strategy with my current team that involves him, so that may've influenced my opinion.
How do you use him?