The VG Resource

Full Version: Scott Pilgrim sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is some more scott pilgrim sprites that may or may not be appreciated.

http://demonicbounty.deviantart.com/#/d58q6gb
Quote:Well all I did was download some high quality walkthroughs from youtube, I used KMP player to look through the movie frame by frame and got the pics i needed. From there I just did the best I could to repixelate using the original pallete swap.
So you edited these sprites? Looking good, though.

Edit: Ah man, why did you use a white background?

Edit 2:
- row 2, frame 3, 7 & 8 (problems with motion blur outlines)
- row 8, frame 7 (area near the eye has a wrong colour)
(09-16-2012, 03:41 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Well all I did was download some high quality walkthroughs from youtube, I used KMP player to look through the movie frame by frame and got the pics i needed. From there I just did the best I could to repixelate using the original pallete swap.
So you edited these sprites? Looking good, though.

Edit: Ah man, why did you use a white background?

Edit 2:
- row 2, frame 3, 7 & 8 (problems with motion blur outlines)
- row 8, frame 7 (area near the eye has a wrong colour)

Thank yah, and well to be more specific I looked at the pics I got from the frames and just remade them from scratch, pixel by pixel, since the video stretched them out and made them too blurry.

Also if it's not too much, can you be a bit more specific about the blur? I will try to edit them as soon as I can with a different color background.
The white melts with the motion blur, which also uses the same white (frame 8). Plus, the outlines of all three frames look unnatural and jaggy.

But sorry, TSR takes no edits when it comes to game rips. They should be ripped 1:1 straight from the game.
(09-17-2012, 06:08 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]The white melts with the motion blur, which also uses the same white (frame 8). Plus, the outlines of all three frames look unnatural and jaggy.

But sorry, TSR takes no edits when it comes to game rips. They should be ripped 1:1 straight from the game.

Hmmm well that's how i copied it from the pictures,, so i assume that's how it's supposed to look like. Either way, i will give it a look and re-upload it when I can.

And drats. Is there any other possible way I can submit this? It would seem rather helpful to those that have been wanting more SP sprites.
(09-17-2012, 06:08 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]The white melts with the motion blur, which also uses the same white (frame 8). Plus, the outlines of all three frames look unnatural and jaggy.

Don't you think he might be on to something here?

I looked at his stuff And a youtube video.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/senalcool...titled.png

By the Look of things, it looks flawless to the original, a perfect copy, and you won't accept it because he didn't do it by the book by getting a emulator and screenshotting everything?

Seems kinda stupid to me.
Nope.
For one, those aren't flawless or perfect (there are places such as the highlight on the hair on the left sprite that don't match the video still) and for two, we don't accept sprites unless they've been legitimately ripped.

Also, this thread is two years old. Please pay attention to post dates.
Locked/Warned.