The VG Resource

Full Version: Tellis' Smattering of Sprites! (subject to change)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I figured since I've been doing some spriting here and there in my free time, a lot more than I have been, I'd post some things here, for critique and whatnot.

First off is my main project right now, an idle sprite for the main character of an RPG I have bouncing around in my head:
[Image: hKyc8.png]
He's very much a WIP, so any kind of input is very welcome. He's based off of this sketch from a while back, though he's not holding his sword and sheild (you know, so he could switch equipment and see it reflected in battle). He's supposed to have kind of a loose and casual fighting style, so I based the pose off of Vanessa's from King of Fighters.

[Image: wLDrZ.png]
Then here's this enemy grim reaper guy who I drew up from a mistake in the skeleton I was drawing for the main character guy up there. Probably will make a few changes if he ever is a real enemy but I just like how he looks as is.

[Image: b5CwP.gif][Image: eHY9j.png]
And here's some little sprite things I did for my signature and avatar on the PAX Pokemon League forums. Youngster Joey's not quite done yet, gotta animate his (top percentage) Rattata, but I figured I'd post them here because, hey, why not. The stink lines above Barry/Pearl are an inside joke, in case you were wondering.

So yeah, C+C is greatly appreciated!
It looks like someone or something crapped on berry's head. Either that or it smells.
(09-16-2012, 09:07 AM)Angel Plague Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like someone or something crapped on berry's head. Either that or it smells.

(09-16-2012, 03:23 AM)Tellis Wrote: [ -> ]The stink lines above Barry/Pearl are an inside joke, in case you were wondering.
Yeah, I'd really appreciate it if you read the topic instead of just jumping straight to posting, Angel Plague...

Just to clarify things, though, I mainly posted this topic for help on the first sprite, I just posted the other stuff for fun because they were laying around, not being seen by people. So what I'm looking for the most is C+C on that, that would really be appreciated.
[Image: rfh1mY2.png]
[Image: cyzggdN.png]

Hey, so I got vaguely inspired by that Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem announcement so I decided to try spriting some of the Persona 3 characters in GBA Fire Emblem style. I am rather satisfied with the main character but Akihiko is still slightly bothering me (I think it might have to do with the shading/contrast?). Basically, I just want some C+C before working on any more characters, so anything would help, especially with the shading, posing, general anatomy. So, thank you for any help!

(Also, I'd still love any comments on my old sprites, even though they're months old, heh)

(also oh noooooo, double post)
Main character p3 guy looks charming and chipper
you're right about Akihiko, but i just can't put my finger on what's missing... perhaps change his pose? I also feel like his upper arm is a tad bit short; altogether good idea

(i was also very excited about the smt x fire emblem announcement; what a strange combo, eh?)