The VG Resource

Full Version: Megapokemonmen.. man.. check it out!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: AIRmanpluspolyWRATH.png] [Image: BubbleSquirtle.png] [Image: TenguShiftry.png]

Boredom and a suggestion from a friend made me do it. I swear, and there were ghosts! Big ones!
are good, but the last two or so, although the idea is very good, I like to have a great idea as well. I'd like to see others do.

PS: I'd do anything, but if you let me clear.
First two looked pretty cool, third one was kinda over the top imho.
(09-12-2012, 01:21 PM)narcolepticd Wrote: [ -> ]First two looked pretty cool, third one was kinda over the top imho.
Thanks, and yeah, the Tengu Shiftry is pretty out there. Then again, so is putting together robot masters and pokemon.
If anything, Shiftry's physical features match Tengu Man the most of the three.
the fact you had to put the references in the image already tells you about the sprite's readbility.
(09-12-2012, 09:54 PM)Meta Wrote: [ -> ]the fact you had to put the references in the image already tells you about the sprite's readbility.

I didn't have to. I just put them there for people who aren't familiar with Megaman. My friend who gave me the idea isn't terribly familiar with the series. She identified Air Man, but hadn't played any of them past MM3.
Actually when I first looked at the Tengu Man sprite I couldn't read it at all
The Shiftry was a lot more readable at first glance but that might be just me
(09-13-2012, 11:33 AM)Bearded_Beast Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2012, 09:54 PM)Meta Wrote: [ -> ]the fact you had to put the references in the image already tells you about the sprite's readbility.

I didn't have to. I just put them there for people who aren't familiar with Megaman. My friend who gave me the idea isn't terribly familiar with the series. She identified Air Man, but hadn't played any of them past MM3.

that squirtle and the other one suffer from an excess of detail, while the airman gets away precisely because it conveys the original character's features exactly.

even if you're familair with the franchise, it does take a while to figure out that the squirtle is suposed to be bubbleman.
(09-13-2012, 11:29 PM)Meta Wrote: [ -> ]that squirtle and the other one suffer from an excess of detail, while the airman gets away precisely because it conveys the original character's features exactly.

even if you're familair with the franchise, it does take a while to figure out that the squirtle is suposed to be bubbleman.
I think that might be a result of how generic Bubble Man looks.
[Image: 6a00d83452033569e200e55381ed378833-800wi.png]
He's basically just a fat dude in Mega Man style armor with a weird helmet and flippers.

If I was gonna make a recommendation though, I'd change the base pokemon to whatever the hell croagunk evolves into apparently it's called Toxicroak.
[Image: 200px-454Toxicroak.png]
He has that forehead spike that could be turned into a head gun, a flat surface around the eyes, so that you can draw goggles on it, a white, flat area on his mouth, and a red chest thing.

With the Tengu Man, I would've avoided using MM7 and 8 RMs to begin with, their designs are kind of cluttered.
(09-14-2012, 07:33 AM)Keiang Wrote: [ -> ]Toxicroak.
[Image: 200px-454Toxicroak.png]
He has that forehead spike that could be turned into a head gun, a flat surface around the eyes, so that you can draw goggles on it, a white, flat area on his mouth, and a red chest thing.

With the Tengu Man, I would've avoided using MM7 and 8 RMs to begin with, their designs are kind of cluttered.

Oh dude. I didn't even think of Toxicroak. That one could have been a better choice. Thanks.

On anything past 16 bit does begin to get cluttered at small sizes. Could you imagine if I did the X series mavericks with pokemon? Yeesh.
The thing is, some pokemon designs are cluttered and so are megaman's. If you combine both, the probability of the resulting piece being cluttered is also big.

This is why Air Wrath is the best. You combined two simple designs with similar features into one. Try aiming for that in your next fusions.
(09-14-2012, 08:44 AM)Bearded_Beast Wrote: [ -> ]Could you imagine if I did the X series mavericks with pokemon? Yeesh.

I-I would still love this ;~;
In fact I should try this someday...
(09-14-2012, 11:28 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]I-I would still love this ;~;
In fact I should try this someday...

Hmm... There's a few I can think of that would be decent...

Gors, you're absolutely right, especially as the generations churned out more. That's why I wanted to stick to the classic series. Like I said the Tengu was a request. And even I don't like it nearly as much.

Now for a question, which should be the next one? I'm using this as an exercise. I can't think of what would fit with Bomb Man..
Axle the Red/Plant Man using Roserade?

Mighty's avatr gave me the idea
Pages: 1 2