The VG Resource

Full Version: Not new, but new
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I'm a papercraft armor fanatic who's been casually lurking around here for almost a year. I don't know much about ripping files, so I REALLY appreciate the models that you guys have shared on Models-Resource. Thank you all!

[My Templates] Zerox, Roxas358, and Crett, I owe most of these models to you three. Thank you especially!

I'm very interested in learning how to rip, though, and also want to learn how to create 3D models from scratch.

I see that your forum has a list of digital art programs.... If you like, I have a list of 14 free 3D studios that I can post here. They seem good to me, but my knowledge is, after all, painfully limited.
Happy late welcome to the Resource Community then, Eu Tyto Alba! Genki ^_^
Hey Eu Tyto Alba, welcome to the Resource! Papercrafting is awesome, to be honest the only reason I don't do it myself is because I don't have a printer (although even if we did I probably wouldn't be allowed to waste all the ink).

Also holy wow that list looks awesome. I might be able to use one of those to make an acceptable TF2 Workshop item Tongue

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here!
(09-11-2012, 12:08 PM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Eu Tyto Alba, welcome to the Resource! Papercrafting is awesome, to be honest the only reason I don't do it myself is because I don't have a printer (although even if we did I probably wouldn't be allowed to waste all the ink).

Also holy wow that list looks awesome. I might be able to use one of those to make an acceptable TF2 Workshop item Tongue

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here!
Thank you! Smile

I've been stretching a black carriage for about two years. Papercrafts without texture (for paper-mache or resining) don't actually take a whole lot of ink. And I tend to design more templates than I ever get around to building, but still enjoy it.

Glad my list could help! I guess I'll post it here then. Just, does it belong in Models Resource, or Creativity? Blank
I guess they'd get more attention at Creativity and we had other papercrafts there before Smile
(09-16-2012, 08:49 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]I guess they'd get more attention at Creativity and we had other papercrafts there before Smile

I was only talking about my list of freeware 3D studios. You mean I can post my papercrafts here, too?

I saw a post or two by that guy who who made an Almphonse Elric armor. Seems he's taken it down, so I'm making another. Smile
Ah, for the list... I'd say either QIT or Models Discussion (I'm not entirely sure what fits in there, so personally I'd rather use QIT, but for all I know MD should be fine, too, as it's the place where people show the models they make).
I don't understand, do you just want to show you papercrafts or custom models too...?
the former goes under Creativity, the latter goes under Model Discussion, but not vice-versa (unless they're renders, I suppose...).
(09-16-2012, 09:49 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand, do you just want to show you papercrafts or custom models too...?
the former goes under Creativity, the latter goes under Model Discussion, but not vice-versa (unless they're renders, I suppose...).

I'm here mainly to learn rather than show off. Wink I went ahead and made the thread. "List of Free 3D Studios" I trust it will be moved if it's better off elsewhere. At least I tried.
OHHHHHHHH, you wanted to make a list of free modeling programs! If I'd known that I'd have said Model Discussion immediately as that is the logical place for it. Tongue
(09-16-2012, 01:24 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]OHHHHHHHH, you wanted to make a list of free modeling programs! If I'd known that I'd have said Model Discussion immediately as that is the logical place for it. Tongue

I was talking about two things at the same time and they were getting mixed up. Sorry. Tongue

Maybe after I cross a few more papercrafts off my to-do-list I'll make a thread in the Creativity board to share some of my better templates.