The VG Resource

Full Version: Crash Bandicoot on Super Mario Kart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the Crash Bandicoot Sprite Sheet by me, that it's on My Hack: Super Mix Kart, that you can get more info about it on this link:
Super Mix Kart

Here is the Sheet:
[Image: SuperMixKart-Crash.png]

I hope you will enjoy =D

Coming Soon:
Eviltux (from Super Tux Kart PC Game)
Tux (form the same game)
Boshi ( a mix from the Original Yoshi and from the NICKtendoDS' Boshi).
It's not too bad, but could still use some work. I'd post it here to get some extra crits.

http://spriters-resource.com/community/f...php?fid=14
Moving.
A.J Nitro, thank you for posting it! I will update it soon, don't worry Wink

Oops, I've forgotten to put the smallest sprites too Unsure
You did a really nice start on his head, but I don't think his body translates very well into the vehicle. His body looked jagged and is looking a bit formless. I'm assuming you've looked at Crash's body proportions? Since the general shape of it was wide shoulders into a thin waist, kind of a like V. As such I recommend bring his shoulder up higher and extending his arms out straight to give him that zany personality he has into his driving. Then make his body thinner and smoother and we'll go from there Smile
So many memories...

The main problem I can see is the head. If you look at any of the multiple Crash' encarnations, you can easily see that his head is directly conected with his body in that V shape that Kopaka already said.
Also, the head again looks too thin in the side frames.
you also need more contrast between your colours, the two oranges of fur are nearly identical
His face looks too straight. I'd take a closer look at Crash if I was you.
well, but has many flaws: Crash is thinner, punk hair is longer and crazy eyebrows are bigger and hands are not brazaltes gloves.

Here is a picture
[Image: Crash-crash-bandicoot-26918203-480-480.jpg]

if you are not here is the link:Crash

just in case can you tell which is Crash?
I know, and I thank all of the comments, because I'm not working good now,
I don't know why, but, this is the true, and, at nights I can't sleep, I'VE STAND UP TODAY AT 3Cute0! So, sorry me about all problems on this sprite sheet, well, I'm just starting, and, I'm so lazy, another one thing that IDK why it's over my head. If anyone help me on some sprites like this, I will thank you so much.

(09-10-2012, 10:50 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]you also need more contrast between your colours, the two oranges of fur are nearly identical
Sorry, but the palette it's the same than the Boshi. In a SMK hack, Bowser and Yoshi palettes are the same, Toad and Mario, Peach and DK Jr., Luigi and Koopa.
(09-11-2012, 03:21 PM)1999Elias Wrote: [ -> ]I know, and I thank all of the comments, because I'm not working good now,
I don't know why, but, this is the true, and, at nights I can't sleep, I'VE STAND UP TODAY AT 3Cute0! So, sorry me about all problems on this sprite sheet, well, I'm just starting, and, I'm so lazy, another one thing that IDK why it's over my head. If anyone help me on some sprites like this, I will thank you so much.

(09-10-2012, 10:50 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]you also need more contrast between your colours, the two oranges of fur are nearly identical
Sorry, but the palette it's the same than the Boshi. In a SMK hack, Bowser and Yoshi palettes are the same, Toad and Mario, Peach and DK Jr., Luigi and Koopa.

I could help you but if you just tell me like maybe and gone.
I know Super Mario Kart characters share palettes, however
who is Boshi and if they share the palette, Boshi will have the same contrast issues, so how is that an excuse
Please elaborate.
(09-11-2012, 03:21 PM)1999Elias Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but the palette it's the same than the Boshi. In a SMK hack, Bowser and Yoshi palettes are the same, Toad and Mario, Peach and DK Jr., Luigi and Koopa.

So? If that's the case, change the other guys palette, too. It's not hard. If the palette is bad, then it's bad. Don't find ways round it; fix it!

EDIT: Damn, Previ-ninja'd
(09-11-2012, 03:39 PM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]I know Super Mario Kart characters share palettes, however
who is Boshi and if they share the palette, Boshi will have the same contrast issues, so how is that an excuse
Please elaborate.
Boshi's from SMRPG: http://www.mariowiki.com/Boshi