The VG Resource

Full Version: help cutting sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
help cutting sprites yea i need someone to cut sprites for me please that all i am asscated with an engine know as MUGEN
Is it just me or do the confusing members keep on rolling in?
You there, Mr. Requester.

No one will rip your sprites.
No one will rip it. And we don't allow MUGEN sprites on this site either.
(09-08-2008, 05:34 PM)Paper Jorge Wrote: [ -> ]No one will rip it. And we don't allow MUGEN sprites on this site either.

i never said mugen sprites i said i am accasited with it do you know what i means and i was askinf for help so someone may be gnerous and help me
What are you even trying to request? Lock & warn.
I know what he's asking for. Being a MUGEN creator as well as a sprite ripper, I know what to do.

You'll need a program such as Paint Shop Pro. (That's what I used, anyway). Basically, a graphics editing program that can support paletted images. (Paint will not work for this, unfortunately.) Then, find a spritesheet (or rip them yourself like I did) and use the Crop tool to cut out each sprite one by one. It can get a bit tedious if there's a lot of sprites, like in Eternal Fighter Zero or Melty Blood, but don't give up. Take your time, if necessary.

Now, you're going to need to set up the palettes properly. Make sure that the images are 256 colour and that the first colour is the one you're going to use for your transparencies. For example, from my MUGENized Tomo...

[Image: TomoPaletteSample.png]

On the right is her palette. Notice that the first colour in the palette is the same shade of blue as the background of the sprite. THIS IS IMPORTANT! If the palette is done improperly, the characters are going to have boxes around their sprites, which will make it look really... stupid.

We can't do it for you because most of us are busy doing whatever we want/have to do, but hopefully you can do it by yourself. I hope.

I'm going to unlock this topic for a little while, to give him time to respond. Alright, mozzy?
(09-08-2008, 07:05 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]I know what he's asking for. Being a MUGEN creator as well as a sprite ripper, I know what to do.

You'll need a program such as Paint Shop Pro. (That's what I used, anyway). Basically, a graphics editing program that can support paletted images. (Paint will not work for this, unfortunately.) Then, find a spritesheet (or rip them yourself like I did) and use the Crop tool to cut out each sprite one by one. It can get a bit tedious if there's a lot of sprites, like in Eternal Fighter Zero or Melty Blood, but don't give up. Take your time, if necessary.

Now, you're going to need to set up the palettes properly. Make sure that the images are 256 colour and that the first colour is the one you're going to use for your transparencies. For example, from my MUGENized Tomo...

On the right is her palette. Notice that the first colour in the palette is the same shade of blue as the background of the sprite. THIS IS IMPORTANT! If the palette is done improperly, the characters are going to have boxes around their sprites, which will make it look really... stupid.

We can't do it for you because most of us are busy doing whatever we want/have to do, but hopefully you can do it by yourself. I hope.

I'm going to unlock this topic for a little while, to give him time to respond. Alright, mozzy?
thanks bro that what i needed i want to help us this forum as well what can i do to help?
(09-09-2008, 03:42 PM)akumavsguile Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2008, 07:05 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]I know what he's asking for. Being a MUGEN creator as well as a sprite ripper, I know what to do.

thanks bro that what i needed i want to help us this forum as well what can i do to help?
You can start off by taking a few lessons in typing and grammar...

But, uh, if I read your sentence correctly, you can help on this forum by... just being an active member and contributing and posting and stuff. If you're gonna be doing work in MUGEN, why not show it off? ... Or something.
he's using a translator
he speaks spanish
(09-09-2008, 07:03 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]he's using a translator
he speaks spanish
...How did he understand RTB...?
Oh sorry RTB & Akuma, I probably should have made the connection, cutting=ripping.
Well, first off, you need a very sharp and trusty (some would say Vorpal, but ignore them) sword.
Cut away from yourself with a horizontal swinging motion.
Cut away from people in general, or at least people you care about.

Post results here please.
A good idea would be to track down and locate Mr. Buttbutt, and practice on him. No one'd mind.

Post results here, please.
I suppose people would mind if you practiced on Geo the Fox.
Especially the people on this forum.

Post results here please.
Pages: 1 2