The VG Resource

Full Version: Machine Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been getting real big into sprite based games lately, and I've stumbled across some sprite sheets from the game "Machine Sword." I immediately fell in love with the style, and began using them as sprites for my own projects, as well as done edits and created new sprites based on the game.

But, I have never even played this game, nor have I found it on the web. So, as I always do, I'll ask you. Anyone ever played/heard of this game? Any links to where I can download the game or any of it's sprites?

Many thanks to anyone who can help with this predicament.
You can try PMing the guy who ripped the sprites. Not sure how often he visits but his last visit was about a month and a half ago. Worth a shot though.
Sending a PM is generally a good move, unless they've specifically disabled them or switched email addresses they should get a notification about it.

Also, to stay in line with my current trend of jumping in these threads to get all negative, roms are still pirate software I'm afraid.
Not that anyone really cares these days if you're downloading old console games and emulators, just that uploading or linking them should be kept out of public and off the forum to avoid any kind of legal issues that could come up.
(09-08-2012, 02:57 PM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]You can try PMing the guy who ripped the sprites. Not sure how often he visits but his last visit was about a month and a half ago. Worth a shot though.

(09-08-2012, 03:14 PM)PatientZero Wrote: [ -> ]Sending a PM is generally a good move, unless they've specifically disabled them or switched email addresses they should get a notification about it.

Also, to stay in line with my current trend of jumping in these threads to get all negative, roms are still pirate software I'm afraid.
Not that anyone really cares these days if you're downloading old console games and emulators, just that uploading or linking them should be kept out of public and off the forum to avoid any kind of legal issues that could come up.

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to PM him right away. I just want to play as many styles of sprite based games as I'm taking game design classes and playing many different genres will be a great help to me, sprite based being my favourite.

I am aware of the legal issues with roms/isos being distributed around, but I've heard that downloading the rom is fine if you own the game. But since this is a PC game anyways, it should be fine.
(09-08-2012, 09:36 PM)HeadcrabStew Wrote: [ -> ]downloading the rom is fine if you own the game
No it's not Wink
Well, there's some differences depending on where you live, but generally, downloading pirated copies is illegal, no matter what. There may be some exceptions when it comes to creating copies yourself (for you or a friend) based on a legal copy you own, but that's about it.

Forum rules state that you may link to Rom sites. However, if there's no need to, better be safe than sorry.