The VG Resource

Full Version: Searching for an NES Shoot 'em up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A shmup with space ships, which I can't find anywhere. It's defintely for the NES and a horizontal shooter. I vaguely remember an ice world in stage 2 with destroyable blocks and a huge battleship on the later stages.

I've always thought it was R-Type, but then I found out that it was never ported to the NES. I played it in the 90s (PAL release), but I doubt that it was a pirated game.
Just did a search so here's a few that might be right:

Gradius
Lifeforce
Defender II
Abadox
Parodius

So yeah hope one of those rings a bell.
Sorry, but it's none of them. One thing to say: The stages were scrolling, not like in Defender 2 were you can move around like you want. And yeah, the player was definitely a common spaceship, not a guy in a suit like in Abadox or some wacky creatures like in Parodius.

All of them are also missing the ice world in the 2nd stage.
"Over Horizon"?

(09-07-2012, 01:28 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but it's none of them. One thing to say: The stages were scrolling, not like in Defender 2 were you can move around like you want. And yeah, the player was definitely a common spaceship, not a guy in a suit like in Abadox or some wacky creatures like in Parodius.

All of them are also missing the ice world in the 2nd stage.

Sorry, never played any of them, just found them and thought to throw them in here Shy
No problem, trial & error is not the worst idea to find a specific game.

@Maxim: Thanks, that's it =D
Brings back memories, this was one was fun to play, but also really difficult. Never made it past a certain boss.

*watches playthrough on YT