The VG Resource

Full Version: Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wouldn't mind seeing anybody rip this version of SMB. Out of all the Classic NES Series on the GBA, this is the only one with squished looking sprites. The only problem is that I can't find a working rom of this game anywhere.

[Image: 919774_20040402_screen006.jpg]
All the NES GBA versions have squished looking sprites...
I have Zelda and it looks the same to me, but maybe I just didn't notice.
Zelda's sprites look normal, but the tiles are definitely squished.
It's because they have to fit the same screen content onto a screen with different dimensions.

Looks like the Classic NES roms only start when you manually set the save type (EEPROM for Mario).
However, it won't react to button input correctly (as in, usually not at all) here.

Either way, the squish effect is coded, it switches pixels from one frame to the next to make them look smooth.
Well the Classic NES series is just a Mapper 0 NES emulator with a game hardcoded into it. Most likely the ROM used for this game was Super Mario Bros. (W) [!], the same ROM that was included in the Animal Crossing series as part of an unlockable piece of the "NES Games" collection.