The VG Resource

Full Version: Any WarioWare D.I.Y. fans out there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I figured that - being a forum for a spriting/programming/hacking/etc. community - there would be at least a few WarioWare D.I.Y. fans here... even though the game came out well over two years ago, I still play it very consistently; the unique concept of the game gives it virtually infinite replay value!
Anyway, if anyone else is into this game and would like to share their microgames (or any other in-game creations), that would be beyond awesome.

My Friend Code is 4985 - 9580 - 3667 if anyone is interested.
I saw it for about 10€ at a store recently, but passed since I still have other games waiting to be played. It has an interesting concept, but I guess personally I'd enjoy it more to code games like I do Smile
I have it, it's really fun. Unfortunately the wi-fi on my DS Lite doesn't work. Sad

Maybe if I play it on the 3DS it will..?
I've heard of it, seems nice. I really enjoyed Touched so I'll probably try and get it when I can. Unfortunately like Trollerskates my DS Lite seems to be allergic to Wi-Fi so I wouldn't be able to transfer games.
Do you use WPA encryption on your WLAN networks? (Well anyone should be doing, heh)
The DS is dumb and only supports WEP (which can harly be considere "security" nowadays)
Trust me, Puggsoy. The similarities between DIY and the other WarioWare games is minuscule. Basically you make your own microgames. You can still get ones by the people at Diamond Games (the old WarioWare Crew), but the graphics aren't nearly as nice. Darn limited color pallete.

WWDIY is actually kinda what got me into spriting. I made some cool stuff on there so I decided I should get more into spriting on the computer.
(09-05-2012, 03:35 PM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use WPA encryption on your WLAN networks? (Well anyone should be doing, heh)
The DS is dumb and only supports WEP (which can harly be considere "security" nowadays)

Hell, I went through the entire Nintendo troubleshooting thing and did as much as I could. Even when I disable all security (we have unlimited bandwidth and noticed no slowdown) it gives me an excuse that it can't make its own IP address. And when I set it manually (as Nintendo instructs) I get some other error I can't remember.
(09-05-2012, 03:40 PM)Trollerskates Wrote: [ -> ]You can still get ones by the people at Diamond Games (the old WarioWare Crew), but the graphics aren't nearly as nice. Darn limited color pallete.

Agreed. Why they didn't include a common color like pink, for instance, is beyond me... but limitations aside, it really is a great game for shameful wanna-be spriters like myself (or any creative individual who enjoys making their own games).

As for the Wi-fi issue, if you're using a 3DS to play DS titles, I know that the Internet settings are seperate for 3DS and DS games... but I'm guessing that you've already gone down that route and tried to configure your 3DS' connection settings for the DS specifically?
Smile I was able to make a few interesting games, but until I can set up
WI-FI they will go unknown to the world for now. It is a fun game though and while it might not be considered " mainstream" it has a lot of potentail to make some cool things. I wish Nintendo would,howerver, create a second one that addresses the mistakes we've talked about here and adds much more variety. Well even if not it was a pretty cool concept.
Yeah I actually made a topic when this first came out... I think it was me. Anyway, I got bored with it's limitations after a while. I had so many ideas that couldn't be done.
The thing about DIY is that you have to look at it this way: it isn't a a sequel to warioware - it's a sequel to mario paint.