The VG Resource

Full Version: Makai Toushi SaGa WSC: Battle Backgrounds, Enemies, Chapter Headings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first submission here at TSR! Hopefully I followed all the rules; I even made icons for each picture.

The question is, since Makai Toushi SaGa was released in North America as Final Fantasy Legend before the game's sequels were brought out (including the Romancing SaGa and SaGa Frontier games), does this count as SaGa or Final Fantasy? Or "Other?"

Battle Backgrounds (603 KB) | Icon
Chapter Heading Pictures (73 KB) | Icon
Enemy, Meat, and Sphere Pictures (280 KB) | Icon
SaGa and did you tile-rip these or did you do the boxes yourself?
I don't know what "tile-ripping" is. I used a WonderSwan emulator and the Print Screen button to rip all the graphics, and Embellish to remove the backgrounds from the freestanding sprites and replace them with solid pink backgrounds.
Amazing sheets, only 1 issues - Your icons are wrong. You do not need to include the game name in the icon.
Mind editting that?
[Image: ffl1-allbgs1.png]

[Image: ffl1-allchapters1.png]

[Image: ffl1-allenemies1.png]

I hope it's not out of place to suggest this, but the Square Enix "Other Games" section needs to be reorganized, and the "Romancing SaGa" section should be renamed "SaGa," since Makai Toushi SaGa is not part of Final Fantasy (despite the name of its North American version for Game Boy), and the SaGa Frontier games for PlayStation are part of the same series as the Romancing SaGa games for Super Famicom. The reason I added the Makai Toushi SaGa name to the submission icons was because of the confusion over what section the submissions belonged to...
tSR is going to have a different organised section soon which is by console and not by series or at least the last time I heard so the entire section is getting reorganised.
That's the plan. Great rips!
These are fabulously excellent. You do a great job at this. I'd love to see more from you (and this game). Keep up the good work fellow! Also, I would suggest Animget for ripping from emulation, as it makes it a lot easier than print screen. I usually use it to takes screenshots, and Irfanview to view said screenshots and copy the sprites from them into an image editing program to remove the backgrounds.
Interesting...I never really got into SaGa (I know it was called FF Legends for a while). Looks pretty good to me!