The VG Resource

Full Version: Mallow in:Mario & Luigi Inside Bowser's History(Battle)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Now I bring a new idea that I've done:

I'm a newbie so do not bother me but if criticize.

[Image: pruebagp.png]
[Image: scaled.php?server=580&filename=pruebagp.png&res=landing]
Fixed picture.
I'm bringing pounding:

lines are to show maximum arms

[Image: pruebael.png]
While I wouldn't be too much help with style critique, I do want to say that the posing for the punches are not very well done

When his arm faces us, try working the pose to where he turns the other way
Starpower/Ridge, it's your time to shine again!
Lets see:

There is barely anyshading. The Palette needs some contrast.
The animations are just minor edits, and aren't smooth. In some places the foot becomes flat.
So it's not really ML:BIS style, it needs work.

If you want a better explaination, hopefully Star or Ridge are willing to give a more in-depth explaination.
I'm not even gonna try to explain what's wrong before I know the answer to this. Did you even put a sprite of Mario or Luigi up next to your sprite for a style check? Honestly?
(as a newbie who completely murdered the previous M&L back in his day let me assure you that I'm actually trying to help you)
also thanks for the criticism is only the beginning.
before:

after:

[Image: pruebao.png]

I noticed that the belt is bad do not get angry.
(09-04-2012, 03:29 PM)Neo 5 Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that the belt is bad do not get angry.

Nobody here is angry, we're just trying to help.
From what I can tell you still haven't fixed the contrast on Mallow's fluffy upper body.
I'd try making the darker shade a bit darker.
Oh and I see you edited the Goomoeba or whatever the pink enemy is called. Don't edit other sprites because you won't get the right results. Make it from scratch (by drawing your own outlines, not using a base), and pay close attention to other sprites in the style (not just Mario and Luigi) then we'll critique you further.
(09-04-2012, 04:35 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2012, 03:29 PM)Neo 5 Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that the belt is bad do not get angry.

Nobody here is angry, we're just trying to help.
From what I can tell you still haven't fixed the contrast on Mallow's fluffy upper body.
I'd try making the darkest shade a bit darker.
Oh and I see you edited the Goomoeba or whatever the pink enemy is called. Don't edit other sprites because you won't get the right results. Make it from scratch (by drawing your own outlines, not using a base), and pay close attention to other sprites in the style (not just Mario and Luigi) then we'll critique you further.

thanks for what you said, but would use a base from 0 I do not completely good would come out because I can not start from scratch.

postscript: angry was not the word that I use translator.
What language do you speak? Someone who knows your language can probably help you better.
(09-04-2012, 05:44 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]What language do you speak? Someone who knows your language can probably help you better.

I speak Spanish because I live in Chile
Well plenty of members here speak spanish, including me, so if its easier on you then please feel free to speak it.

Edit:
In fact, I'm pretty sure Meta is from Chile.
(09-04-2012, 03:29 PM)Neo 5 Wrote: [ -> ]before:

after:

[Image: pruebao.png]

I noticed that the belt is bad do not get angry.

Dear god dude.. Its not a marshmallow. Instead of splashing two white spots on the body and calling it a cloud, why don't you actually form it to more of a cloud-like appearance? If you're making the character, use any reference as possible to help you sprite the character. Here!
[Image: 200px-Mallow.gif]
Pages: 1 2