The VG Resource

Full Version: PIX 8-bit (first true attempt at spriting off of F.S.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 8_bit_PIX_90.PNG]

This is what I have so far. All I need to do is make the stage you fight him in.

(NOTE: I don't have photoshop or anything like that yet so I can only use a sight I know about.)
From what I can remember from fighting pix, the boss has a more complex pattern, and it should be simplistic enough to convert the origional boss battle into it's NES form; only more similar to the Heavy Mole boss fight, but instead of Kirby persuing the boss, it's the other 'way around.

Also, I would recommend using it's subtitle too. Also, it's kinda hard to see the blue variant with the blue background, as well as the needless empty space.
of all the beatiful art on that game, you went and made an 8bit version(?) of the one thats basically a trio of geometrical shapes. and they are not even the same geometrical shape, nor the shading actually follows anything related as to how the character(?) was portrayed on the original game, nor the game it was "ported" to. the shape and desing of the polygon in game didn't use any kind of outline at all -it defined its shape by a proper use of shading and lightsources. only when one of the polygons was defeated it was rendered using only a simple wireframe. you're also lacking the "kill" animation when each piece is killed and shards fly from it.

besides optimizing the space used in your sheet by removing the useless credit tag and the empty space, there is not much to say about this. its basically, a trio of floating cubes. and you didn't do a good job about it. but as bad as this is, its simple enough to be fixed easily. in fact, it shouldn't take you too much effort to actually go for a video on youtube and study how the whole thing is suposed to be. least you can do is actually putting that minimun amount of effort on this.