The VG Resource

Full Version: Resizing Imagge Without Becoming Blurry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you resize image without becoming blurry?
note- currently using photoshop 7

Thanks!
You just need to change the type of resampling it does (should be a dropdown menu at the bottom), odds are you're looking for the "nearest neighbour" option.

It works fine for making things smaller but if you're enlarging an image there will always be at least some loss of quality I'm afraid.
PZ, I assume he's more interested in knowing for sprites and stuff; it was an issue I had before I worked it out while trying to make sprites larger without making them blurry.
Oh right, I mostly deal with photos and vectors, forgot the about the colour blending. My bad.

You'll need to go to your general preferences (edit > preferences > general) and set the image interpolation to nearest neighbour, that should remove any blending and keep each pixel intact.
(08-29-2012, 04:29 PM)johnnyistheman Wrote: [ -> ]How do you resize image without becoming blurry?
There are pixel-art resampling algorithms. Wikipedia article explains it in detail.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art_s...algorithms

You can also convert your sprites to vector.