The VG Resource

Full Version: PM (Personal Message) Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why the PM aren't working? It says "not sent" after I've PM someone.
Is this need something to dealt with "longer membership" or such?
Please explain.
This should be reported in Errors.
(08-28-2012, 05:58 AM)Melati Wrote: [ -> ]Why the PM aren't working? It says "not sent" after I've PM someone.
Please explain.
It still sends PM's though, so I don't really see much of an issue with it.
So when you go into your Sent folder, it says "N/A not sent" or something similar right? That's a known issue, but it does not hurt anything as the recipient still gets the message, not to worry.
I received a PM from Melati, but i can't respond because it says: "Melati has private messaging disabled. You cannot send private messages to this user." Sad
Yeah, Melati, you're going to have to go to your edit profile settings and enable PMs so that Maxim can respond.
(TBH I don't know why people disable it and then send PMs, it's really irritating)
(08-31-2012, 10:07 AM)Maxim Wrote: [ -> ]I received a PM from Melati, but i can't respond because it says: "Melati has private messaging disabled. You cannot send private messages to this user." Sad

I'm truly sorry, Maxim. Actually, I just found out HOW TO ENABLE that function! *silly me*. Try PM me again! Wink

(08-28-2012, 11:12 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]So when you go into your Sent folder, it says "N/A not sent" or something similar right? That's a known issue, but it does not hurt anything as the recipient still gets the message, not to worry.

A known issue, I see. It should be stated in the forum rules or something or maybe I misread it. I almost gave up upon this forum since I've been warned about requesting (which I'm not doing, I'm just asking *in the matter of question* but then being marked as requesting Unimpressed Give me the heck 25% warn stat, not going to argue because I'm busy that time) because still newbie and such, and the PM not working, and even the confusing CP PM enable wording (I'm not native English speaker). Sad Well, today, just checking up what's going to happen to my account which I'm about to delete my membership on this forum, I saw my question here being answered, so I guess, I'm reconsidering my decision. And about the irritating PM sender who do not enable PM myself, well, as being stated beforehand. Anyway, thanks for this info, I guess I'll be staying here then. Wink

(08-28-2012, 10:53 AM)Angel Plague Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2012, 05:58 AM)Melati Wrote: [ -> ]Why the PM aren't working? It says "not sent" after I've PM someone.
Please explain.
It still sends PM's though, so I don't really see much of an issue with it.

Well, it's newbie question which unfamiliar with this forum issue, so it's a big deal for him/her who is clueless.
Anyway, this "issue" already resolved. Smile

(08-28-2012, 10:15 AM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]This should be reported in Errors.

Well, I'm just doing what the rule said;

Got a question? That's what the Questions, Info, and Tutorials section is for. If you're having computer trouble or need help with something relating to the site, this would be the palce to ask it. Which can be found here.

I'm clueless (that time), so just doing what being stated/asked to.
Anyway, I know now. Smile