The VG Resource

Full Version: Superjustinbros Sprite Archives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Most of these I've ripped since around last Fall; and I've decided to showcase them on TSR. I should note lot of these are Breakout clones and tile-based puzzle games. They're just my thing. Tongue

(Note; Should there be any form of problem(s) that break the forum's rules and guidelines, let me know and I'll modify the post to fit everyone's needs.

Otherwise, onto the list. Since it's massive, I had to make it into a spoiler.

These look okay for the most part, but for the Lolo sheet, why include the extra palettes for the objects that don't use those specific palettes in-game (unless they're unused)?

And by the way, I think you have the colors wrong on two things:

-That purple color on Lolo's shoes, and the other objects that use that same purple are supposed to be pink (as seen here)
-Alma does not have purple eyes

Otherwise, it's a really nice rip! I was eventually planning to rip from this game but you beat me to it (except for the gods... if you plan on doing those that would be great) so good job!
(08-26-2012, 10:34 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]These look okay for the most part, but for the Lolo sheet, why include the extra palettes for the objects that don't use those specific palettes in-game (unless they're unused)?

And by the way, I think you have the colors wrong on two things:

-That purple color on Lolo's shoes, and the other objects that use that same purple are supposed to be pink (as seen here)
-Alma does not have purple eyes

Otherwise, it's a really nice rip! I was eventually planning to rip from this game but you beat me to it (except for the gods... if you plan on doing those that would be great) so good job!

Thank you very much. I'll leave you to do Revival of Labrynth's Gods.

The extra palettes (while strange-looking for the enemies that use the purple/grey palette) was for those that wanted to develop Eggerland/Lolo fan games. In regards to the pink looking more purplish; I ripped these from NEStopia, which displays the "dark red" in more of a purplish tone. The screen you linked to was taken from a different emulator, which is how everything using that color appears pinkish. I have Alma's proper palette in the first column, since in the three Eggerland games released only in Japan (plus REVIVAL! Eggerland), he's red, while in Adventures of Lolo, he's grey.

Every color of Lolo is seen between the three games; except the one that uses the pallette of the Skulls/Gols/Medusas/Don Medusas (grey). Green Lolo is used for after you collect the transparent Lolo and are able to walk through walls, while the teal Lolo is for when a Medusa or Don Medusa stuns Lolo. Heart Framers flash through all four palettes is the FDS, but only through the first two in the other two games. The solid-color egg located under the potion appears in every color possible except grey. IN the FDS game, when a hit is based on an enemy, it is forced to use Lolo's red/blue/white pallette.

I have King Egger ripped but not uploaded (plus with the recolors based on the other three palettes) and I don't have Lala or the ending sprites from the FDS game, or a tileset of the cutscene before the confrontation against the King in Revival of Labrynth.

But overall I consider the Famicom/Disk System sheet/collection to be complete.
If you do want to do them, then go right ahead because I wouldn't get to it anytime soon. If you don't want to then I understand.

Very well. I wonder which palette is correct then. I guess the only way to find out is if they were tile ripped with the original colors (though I don't remember how that's done). Oh well. I forgot Alma was pink in that game. I kept thinking she was grey. It really has been a while since I played it.

Yeah, I knew Lolo used all the palettes, I just wasn't sure about the other objects. Now I know.

Maybe you could have King Egger, that ending scene and Lala on their own sheet? Unless you intend on updating your general sheet then that would be the only place for them. If you only intend on doing the King then that's alright too (may make for a small sheet on his own though).

One last thing, are the Moby sprites the only custom/edited ones? Only curious.
(08-26-2012, 11:22 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]If you do want to do them, then go right ahead because I wouldn't get to it anytime soon. If you don't want to then I understand.

Very well. I wonder which palette is correct then. I guess the only way to find out is if they were tile ripped with the original colors (though I don't remember how that's done). Oh well. I forgot Alma was pink in that game. I kept thinking she was grey. It really has been a while since I played it.

Yeah, I knew Lolo used all the palettes, I just wasn't sure about the other objects. Now I know.

Maybe you could have King Egger, that ending scene and Lala on their own sheet? Unless you intend on updating your general sheet then that would be the only place for them. If you only intend on doing the King then that's alright too (may make for a small sheet on his own though).

One last thing, are the Moby sprites the only custom/edited ones? Only curious.

I ripped all the characters with their original colors straight from numerous screens, then grouped and edited them into the four palettes. There is a map of Eggerland FDS that I extracted some of the items from. In many cases they will use Lolo's palette, but for other objects, you could look into Eggerland Departure to Creation's editor. However to save time I'll list what uses what. Anything not listed uses the first or multiple palette(s).

Hopefully that should anwser some questions.

The only custom sprites are the Diamond Frames (REVIVAL! Eggerland), the stone bridges (from Lolo 3) and like you said, the Moby (also from Lolo 3).

I don't have any plans to continue on with ripping the Eggerland games, unfortunately.
Announcer has duplicates:
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331...amicom.png

I see many wrong palettes, there are only a few specific colour shemes (day, night, snow) for this game:
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331...STOPIA.png

Are all of these actually used or are these also random palette swaps from the tile viewer?
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331...leRips.png

Just to make sure: Are these resized?
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331...ustoms.png

Besides that, good rips =)
(08-27-2012, 05:06 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Announcer has duplicates:
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331...amicom.png

I see many wrong palettes, there are only a few specific colour shemes (day, night, snow) for this game:
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331...STOPIA.png

Are all of these actually used or are these also random palette swaps from the tile viewer?
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331...leRips.png

Just to make sure: Are these resized?
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331...ustoms.png

Besides that, good rips =)

Thank you. Big Grin

The CT/TCSG announcer I grouped based on eyes for rows and mouths for columns. Some of the frames do look similar, though I'm certain no particular frame is shown more than once.

The different SMB pallettes were the result of boredom and experimenting with the editor utility SMB Utility. These exotic color palettes, like with the Eggerland sheet, could be used for fan games.

The GBC paint tubes were recolored to show how they'd look in other color palettes seen on the Game Boy Color and Super Game Boy. The only used ingame are the four grayscale colors on the top left.

The Centipede sprites are their original sizes. Can be difficult to tell with how closely-grouped the sprites are.
How about a few notes on the sheets like "Ingame palettes" and "Alternate palettes"? This makes it easier to recognize the originals instead of having a random bunch of colour swaps. As far as I know, TSR doesn't accept random colour shemes for tiles and sprites.
What I meant was that since different emulators display colors differently it's hard to know which is the real colors. That's okay though, I know the reasoning for everything now.
And as Davias said, there are some colors there that are so crazy/ugly that I doubt anyone would use them. Tongue
(08-27-2012, 09:20 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]How about a few notes on the sheets like "Ingame palettes" and "Alternate palettes"? This makes it easier to recognize the originals instead of having a random bunch of colour swaps. As far as I know, TSR doesn't accept random colour shemes for tiles and sprites.

You know, now that you do mention it, that does sound like a good idea. Perhaps how it could work is on one side of the sheet, like the left side, only the colors used in game are present, and on the other, we have all the sprites in all palettes.

I'll create two samples based on SMB and Eggerland.

EDIT: While not the best I could come up with, since I only blacked out/removed what isn't used, though this should be off to a good start.

[Image: MariotilescompleteforTSR.png]
Certain color schemes in "Alternative Palettes" can only appear by hacking SMB.

[Image: EggerlandTSR.png]
A couple notes for this sheet:
*In Eggerland FDS, any object in the HUD uses Palette #1, which is what Lolo uses. This is why you see one frame of Snakey, Skull, Leeper, and Gol in the left lane using that palette.
*In Departure to Creation's editor, selecting Lolo or the chest with the cursor causes them to flash through all four pallettes. This also happens to the three Powers whenever they are acquired.
*When a Bridge is placed over a lava tile, when it disintegrates, it uses Pallette #4.
Wait a minute, the bg is black? Since the sprites have also black, doesn't that lead to transparency problems?
The sprites don't use black, that is part of the background.
Yeah, for example if Lolo walks through the grass then the green will show through his "outlines".
This means, you can look through their eyes and mouth on the floor?
Yes, those parts are transparent, and the black floor makes it look like they have outlines, much like many other NES games.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23