The VG Resource

Full Version: Getting SNES cheats to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.angelfire.com/games2/codehut/HWGG.txt

Quote:Dennis the Menace
C9B7-4FD7 Infinite Courage
C9B7-44A7

C92F-3D9E Infinite Time
C9CB-44AF Infinite Lives
C266-3FA7 Infinite Credits
DFC6-CF6D Collect 1 Big Coin To Finish Stage (note 1)
C968-346D No Scrolling In "The Park 2 & 5" Stages

C9C2-4547 Invincible After Being Hit
C9C0-C937

3361-14DD Have All Weapons
3361-14AD

##66-14AD Starting Stage Select (note 2)

(note 1) Turn code off to exit "The Park 2 & 5" stages.
(note 2) ##
DF - The Park 1
D4 - The Park 2
D7 - The Park 3
D0 - The Park 4
D9 - The Park 5
D1 - The Park 6
D5 - The Park Boss
D6 - Boiler 1
DB - Boiler 2
DC - Boiler 3
D8 - Boiler 4
DA - Boiler Boss
D2 - Sewer 1
D3 - Sewer 2
DE - Sewer 3
FD - Sewer 4
FF - Sewer Boss
F4 - The Woods 1
F7 - The Woods 2
F0 - The Woods 3
F9 - The Woods 4
F1 - The Woods Boss
I can manage it to have all weapons, but the codes don't work when it comes to stage select. I use zsnes, by the way.

Has anyone an idea how to do this?
Select stages/area codes in alot of games are very finickey.
Check you have the codes for the right region, though the chances are the codes are simply bad.

##66-14AD - is the base code. You should, in theory, just replace ## with the number next to the desired stage. If that doesn't work they are bogus codes my friend.
How are you doing the Stage Selects codes exactly?
Does Znes have Pro Action Replay support, or only Game Genie? Because GSHI has some Pro Action Replay codes listed, but I bet they're just the PAR versions of the GG codes.

http://gamehacking.org/?s=v2&sys=6&gid=12373
I just tried with the base versions of the ROM and it definitely works with the US release (as long as the code is active, starting the game will bring you to the stage; as in, you can only have one stage for the code) and the European release basically freezes (to put it bluntly).
Definitely used the US version and typed the code into zsnes -> Cheat -> Add Code ->D56614AD
This is the stage select for the park boss, I'm still starting at level 1.

EDIT: Just saw TomGuycott's link, I'll try that.

EDIT2: yep, working wonderful =)
You're forgetting the hyphen "-," as in d566-14ad.
(08-26-2012, 09:44 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone an idea how to do this?
You can create custom cheats yourself. Just use a debugger and do a simple differential search, which will filter interesting addresses for you. After that you can poke them or just freeze: i.e. set a write breakpoint on them, which will trigger restore.
@Deathbringer: Thanks, I've already got it.

@gensym:
- Debugger (which one, how to use it)
- Differential search (huh? never heard of that)
- Interesting adresses (no idea which adresses could be interesting)
- Poke adresses or freeze them (drive this aeroplane to NY. Sounds easy enough so everybody can do it)
- Write breakpoint (hey, 10year old john, can you repair the car?)

You shouldn't think that people have your knowledge.
(08-26-2012, 03:26 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]- Debugger (which one, how to use it)
Most emulators have one included. For example, PCSX provides an extensive debugging interface.

(08-26-2012, 03:26 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]- Differential search (huh? never heard of that)
- Interesting adresses (no idea which adresses could be interesting)
- Poke adresses or freeze them (drive this aeroplane to NY. Sounds easy enough so everybody can do it)
For example: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=18163

(08-26-2012, 03:26 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]- Write breakpoint (hey, 10year old john, can you repair the car?)
You shouldn't think that people have your knowledge.
That is pretty basic knowledge. All newbies in start romhacking from hexeditor, debugger and diff-search. More advanced topics are full program decompilation, if you want to get full source code for your Final Fantasy Tactics.
Yes because using ZSNES and wanting to cheat should mean he has 'basic' romhacking knowledge...
(08-27-2012, 07:42 AM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]Yes because using ZSNES and wanting to cheat should mean he has 'basic' romhacking knowledge...
No pain - no gain.