The VG Resource

Full Version: Response pictures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A while ago, an admin and a few of her friends ganged up on me because I made these little response pictures for most of my posts. Mind you, there were no tricks, no trolling, no personal attacks. It was all just for fun. Serious topics were taken seriously, blah blah blah (by the way, never take my "serious topics" seriously if I post them in the Lounge. Ever)

I recently restarted to make new ones again, rebuilding my collection of over a hundred responses, and I intend on using them. I was curious if that will at all be a problem.

Basically, in short, would these pictures be at all cool to post, or would you not take kindly to these? The other two forums I'm on don't seem to mind (of course, one is pretty dead).

[Image: 393506f5.png]
As long as they're not posted in inappropriate situations (i.e. posting this in the poop happens thread), I think that they're all right. If you use common sense to analyse the discussion and make sure that the image won't tick people off, just like how you'd do with text, you'll be fine.

The only problem I can see arising is that they're a tad large, so you'll probably want to put them in spoiler tags. Unless the thread initially contains lots of images, in which case they won't be out of place.
This is all my opinion on the matter, you should wait for Dazz or the mods to know for sure, but yeah just giving my input.

Anyway I think it's a cool idea. They're certainly creative Big Grin
use them but you might get made fun of
What I personally think about these, Response pictures should be used appropriately according to the proper situation. However, when you post them more frequently than you should, then it begins to become a problem (since it just only sends the wrong message at times) and and you might get poked fun at for doing so.

Also, my other advisory is that you might want to get to know the fourm first and how it acts, considering your situation, unless it's a circlejerk fourm that prevents you from performing such action, trust me, most of us have been there.
I mean, being made fun of on a forum is like having little scraps of balled up paper thrown at you, and all of them miss.

But yeah, I know not to use them for EVERY post. But yeah, in general, just using them where appropriate (this would mostly be for Lounge Threads that I make, or in threads made by any possible friends (if I make any) all for good humor). I only make these for amusement, nothing more. Sometimes, I make them pretty intractable, and stuff.

Anyway, so far I've not yet gotten majorly bad feedback.
(08-24-2012, 04:35 PM)Cemetery Hill Wrote: [ -> ]A while ago, an admin and a few of her friends ganged up on me because I made these little response pictures for most of my posts.
Yeah. They are a little aggressive sometimes. I suppose you should stay away from owners/admins on any forum or site you visit.