The VG Resource

Full Version: RIP Nintendo Power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Oh yeah, I forgot to post this.

I was planning on selling some old issues I had but looks like they'll be worthless now. Welp.
isn't shonen jump no longer making physical copies??? magazines are going extinct and im going to die
Shonen Jump stopped back in April but that had pretty much been in the works for like a year or more in advance. I have every issue. Cool

The digital version is still going and I'm pretty sure they extended everyone's 2012 subscription for free to include them but I don't care about the digital ones at all and haven't even bothered to check since the physical issues ended.

The difference between SJ and this though is that this is pretty sudden Cry
i don't really pay attention to magazines most of the time. but this one caught my eye. it's kind of sad to see this go away.

goodbye nintendo power. forever.
It's kind of sad as a concept, but at the same time magazines are kinda going out of style. They'll still keep up with "Iwata asks" and junk like that on the internet so it's not that big a deal, I suppose.
Remember that when you're sat on the toilet with nothing to read...
(08-24-2012, 05:03 AM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that when you're sat on the toilet with nothing to read...
I have a smartphone
and a 3DS

Problem solved.

I've never been into magazines so I don't really care about this.
Yeah seriously, smartphones alone ruined anything else you ever need for BATHROOM ADVENTURES
The only magazine I've ever really cared about was this beat-up old Pocket Gamer issue, passed down to me from my big bro. It was talking about the battle between the NeoGeo and the Gameboy Color, listing all the pros and cons of various games. These included games like SNK vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium, Metal Gear Solid (GBC version of course), and Metal Slug 1 & 2. It also had this massive section about those small finger bikes, skateboards, and snowboards. Apparently a few kilos of mashed potatoes are good for a small-scale snow mountain.

Another one I liked was a single White Dwarf issue, also passed down from my older brother. It's the only thing I've really had to do with Warhammer, or Games Workshop in general, but seriously those pictures of Orks and whatnot were awesome. I remember this page of weapons (chainswords, etc) that I pretty much copied out once.

Unfortunately I have no idea where either of these are right now. Apart from that I've never been big on magazines, there was one place we lived that had PC Gamers that I read but that wasn't for that long.
I'm assuming you mean NeoGeo Pocket Color Vs the GBC. The NeoGeo is a power-house of doom, not a handheld.
+ holy crap White Dwarf - no THAT brings back memories. God damn I hate 40K...
(08-24-2012, 01:14 PM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming you mean NeoGeo Pocket Color Vs the GBC. The NeoGeo is a power-house of doom, not a handheld.

Oh yeah, that's what I meant. I've only ever heard of it in that magazine though, so yeah I just know of it as the NeoGeo.
As long as I have Decibel for my music, and Game Informer I'll be fine. But it is kind of sad to see NP go, I read a few issues and it was good stuff.
It's sad that it's going, but as long as phyisical copies of manga are being made and gameinformer and a couple other magezines I read, stay strong I should be fine.

If physical manga goes extinct, they'll feel my wrath ten-fold.
About damn time those bastards died.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5