The VG Resource

Full Version: Spriting!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I just signed almost here. Several months ago the spriting start in this, and would like to leave something to give me your opinion. For now only Pokemon (I have more facts but I got bored having to write all XD)
Without more words I leave:

Riolu Poke-SS, sprite sheet demo

Poochyena Poke-SS

Riolu Pixel-Art Poke-SS

Postscript. Poke-SS (pokemon spriting style), it's my style, fourth in the number of people we take care of the

Extra:
Damaged Namekian LSWS

Credits to: Wikidex

Hope you like it! Big Grin.
It's very hard to tell what you're saying. It's clear English is not your first language, so it would be helpful if you posted a copy in your native language, so that others who might speak it may actually understand what you're saying. Also, it's generally not a good idea to post in an alternative font.
First of all, you don't need to write in Courier. That will only make you look out of place. Use the perfectly fine, default font.

Second, your work. I am not sure how well those animations play. Did you use an animating program, such as graphicsgale, to test them out? The overall work isn't great either, because of the lack of the understanding of the original Pokémon style. The lineart is wobbly and full of jaggies principally on the bigger PAs, and the fact that they're traced doesn't make things better.

Also avoid using effects that are out of place. These fire/ice/hit effects is of little to no use and they don't go well with the character sprite at all.

I'll let others complement my c+c.
If you could put your links in [img] tags, that'd be great! Smile
With how much credit is given to other people it's hard to know what it is exactly that you did...
your style is basically trace oficial art on MSPaint? i'm pretty sure that has a lot of artistic value nowdays.

i dont really see any room for improvement or anything on these unless you basically drop the sprite edits and start working on your own. display-wise, there is nothing particulary relevant on what you've shared.
The effects (which are completely unneeded, if these were to be put into a game they'd be separate) on the fire attack or whatever GO OFF THE BORDER. Also yeah, you shouldn't trace.