The VG Resource

Full Version: The World Ends with You 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/

the timer is weird and the music is awesome.

what do you guys think of it?
Literally nothing to discuss as of yet. But if this is a sequel (and it looks like it is) to The World Ends With You, I'm excited the first one was pretty fun and the story kept me guessing.
I really loved the first game, so I'd be really excited for a sequel, and that's what this is looking like. I think everyone who was a fan of TWEWY and saw that they included its characters in the newest Kingdom Hearts probably suspected that a sequel was going to show up eventually.

I can only assume it's going to be for the 3DS, in which case I will have even more of a reason to get one eventually. I guess Wii or Wii U is a possibility, but the Wii's controller isn't really precise enough for the kind of gameplay the original game had. If they announce that it's for PSVita I am going to flip a table, though, haha.
Oh sweet, now I have a reason to pick up the first world ends with you even more.
Oh my god

Sorry for being two days late, but this is appropriate since the countdown is still going strong and we're going to be getting something on Monday I guess?

Either way, really excited for whatever this is. I loved TWEWY and I'd absolutely love a sequel~
Yeah this looks pretty cool. I did by twewy just on a random whim, so I'll have to see how this pans out before I give them my moneys.
I am so psyched you wouldn't believe.

Wii U could give this game serious justice.

Should be mentioned, the music is a remix of the entire first game's soundtrack.
(08-23-2012, 12:40 PM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Should be mentioned, the music is a remix of the entire first game's soundtrack.

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. Why is the OST of this game so good?!
Welp, turns out it's an iOS port. It makes me chuckle because I totally didn't see that coming.
Why would they have a countdown for an iOS game? That's not anticlimactic at all.

...and furthermore how would the top screen mechanics work in an iOS port?

to be fair though, this could be fun on an iPad with HD graphics; but I really hope they're porting this to other mobile consoles as well.

you'd think developers would want to port to android given how easy it is to develop for in comparison to iOS :/
Just saw the port news at Joystiq... well, what a load of smeg.
Paint me heavily disappointed.
https://twitter.com/brilingual/status/23...2570651648
Quote:Before everyone decides the #twewy countdown is over, they might want to wait for the countdown to be over. #moredripthanleak

There should still be more. I'm not sure why there would be a countdown for an iOS port.
(08-24-2012, 01:12 PM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]Just saw the port news at Joystiq... well, what a load of smeg.

Probably MMX1 iOS smeg. Speaking of which why are there games being released on it these days? I used to think that the mobile phone was a literal dumping ground for shitty clones and mini-versions of the consoles. Now we're seeing ports from games such as Shantae: Risky's Revenge. 'Da heck?

How would TWEWY iOS work? Although story wise Square seems to have a habit of adding extra plot details in re-releases of games these days since Dawn of Souls may be the first to have a story expansion but idk.

Then again, Square can mess ya up when it comes to countdown clocks. They make you literally believe that it's gonna be one thing when visually it looks like something else.
It could work quite easily on iOS. Ghost Trick did it well. MMX on the iOS is well, that's just a very un-froody game. Even if that got a console release it would STILL be a bad game.

I'm guessing if there's anything more to come then it'll be a soundtrack. Or maybe they'll do what Nintendo did with Mother 3 (put a "By the way we're working on Mother 3" message at the end of the Mother 1+2 GBA collection announcement video).
Pages: 1 2