The VG Resource

Full Version: SunlightMeansStruggle's Sprite(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a sprite for a game I'm making. It's basically just what the player would look like with nothing equipped, i.e. no armor, no weapons. I thought it would be a good idea to send this in for a little C+C right now seeing as how early in development it is and how easy it would be to fix stuff.
[Image: gladiatornothingequippe.png]
Oh, and I should probably mention that it's an action RPG where you play as a gladiator and fight different types of mythical creatures and buy equipment between fights... If that helps in any wayTongue
This is a pretty good start! The work on the chest is remarkable. Smile

May I suggest you work more on your pixel clusters? The arms could do with more definition, and so could the face. For now, as your highlights are almost completely surrounded with a buffering shade which gives an impression of roundness, especially on the face.

Here's an edit taking in count what I said:
[Image: VfSWT.png]

I hope this helps, keep going!
(08-19-2012, 02:52 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]This is a pretty good start! The work on the chest is remarkable. Smile

May I suggest you work more on your pixel clusters? The arms could do with more definition, and so could the face. For now, as your highlights are almost completely surrounded with a buffering shade which gives an impression of roundness, especially on the face.

Here's an edit taking in count what I said:
[Image: VfSWT.png]

I hope this helps, keep going!

Thanks for the feedback! I feel pretty dumb for not updating in like 30 years but I've been far too busy to actually focus on spriting. Sometimes you just can't force yourself to do something, you know?
Anyways, I took your advice and tried to fix the cluttered parts. I'm still not very satisfied with the arms/hands, though..
[img][Image: gladiatorv2.png]