The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Birds.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't seen an Angry Birds topic here... since it's popular... So... I submit this. 100% mousemake be me. Big Grin

[Image: custom11.png]
(03-23-2012, 02:12 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]Custom Sprite Guidelines

Notice: This section is only for sheets that has passed our Quality Control. If you plan to submit something in this section, please make a thread in Spriting and Pixelart Section instead. Once it's deemed ok by the community, then you can proceed on making a thread here. This is true for newcomers; Veteran spriters are usually exempt from this, but we'll still take actions if their sprites aren't up to par.

Moving to Spriting Discussion.
But... Somebody can make a section... right? It's not one of this game!
These are some really plain Angry bird sprites. You had so much references yet you completely avoided some of the physical features that make the angry birds stand out. Heres my honest critique on the first 3:

Red bird
-Beak is roundish. Fix up the pointy spots on the beak (the bill and the jaw)
-The body fur (the white part) is way above the beak. lower it
-The red bird should be a bit more roundish
-The eyes are not supposed to be seperate. They're supposed to be together
-Make the eyes roundish
-Lower the tips of the eyebrows

[Image: Angry+Birds+red.jpg]

Blue bird
-Fix the orange part of the eyes.
-Add a 2x2 black square to the eyes.. Not lines

[Image: angry-birds-0169-blue-bird.png]

Yellow bird
-The eyebrows are brown.. Not orange.
-adjust the bottom of the eyes to add that "angry" look
-instead of a vertical line for the eyes, make a tiny horizontal line for the eyes or a 2x2 black square
-The triangle body is completely out of shape. Fix it
-The body fur (the white part) should be lowered by a line

[Image: Angry+Birds+yellow.jpg]

Your color choices are also too basic. I'd recommend changing them up a bit if i were you.

As for the rest of them, i say in overall that you completely need to redo these sprites from top to bottom. I don't find them interesting at all. Sorry but harsh truth :c
Circle tool... circle tool everywhere... can't escape... can't escape... noooooooarggghhh

... yeah, don't use the circle tool.
Also to add onto what the said, the yellow bird and it's space counterpart don't need any motion blurs. It's easy to find references since the sprites are in a folder in the external files for the game.