The VG Resource

Full Version: 3D modeling software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I honestly don't want to make this too long and unbarible so I'll make this short.

What Programs would you guys reccomend if someone wished to create/render 3D models?
3ds max
features advanced model manipulation, modifiers, bone weights, IK solvers, shader effects, etc
I use 3dsMax.

It's been real good to me and and you can find tutorials pretty much everywhere for it.

You can get the student version for free at their website
M'kay, downloading the student version now.
(08-18-2012, 03:40 PM)Shadow Kami Wrote: [ -> ]M'kay, downloading the student version now.

use version 2009 or 2010, as 2011 and 2012 are very buggy and annoying in terms of the GUI
M'kay, must mean 2013 version will be buggy too.

Edit: I'm going with 2010 since 2009 isn't supported anymore by what I see.
it's a real bitch to create an account for each frigging piece of software. i had to do the same for corel painter. really pisses me off.
I use Maya. I got a free copy because I'm a student. It's a little hard to get the hang of, but it's a really good piece of software with some very advanced tools.
Just get Misfit Model 3D, Fragmotion, and 3DS max. Those are what I use. They are perfect Big Grin