The VG Resource

Full Version: Nayr's Archives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I guess I'll start off with a couple of general things.

[Image: NuNayrPalaFormat-3.png]

Nayr, my personal Original Character.

[Image: NuIvanFormat.png]

Ivan, another OC who ties in to Nayr's backstory.

[Image: FEDSAnnaFormat-1.png]

A GBA version of Anna from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon.
I've never played any Fire Emblem games, so I'm not sure.. are these custom or edited or what?
Nayr and Anna are custom. Ivan is semispliced in the face, and totally custom in the hair and body.
You seem to have captured that style pretty well, I was planning on making characters from Berserk like that.
[Image: GenericOldMan-1.png]

A generic villager. Elderly man. Just finished it, so it isn't formatted yet.
do you happen to do something else besides fire emblem related stuff?

something along the lines of custom material rathe rthan trying to mimic video game sprites.
(08-13-2012, 08:16 PM)Nayrion Rosfarus Wrote: [ -> ][Image: GenericOldMan-1.png]

A generic villager. Elderly man. Just finished it, so it isn't formatted yet.

His eyes look a bit far apart to me. I also don't get why his hand is kinda peeking in, and his ear looks... off. I dunno.

The rest of the sprite is really nice looking though, you really have the FE style down.
Wideset eyes are perfectly okay and can be considered normal. And yes, his ear should be farther back on his head. Also, instead of his ear being a gaping hole in his head, try and make it more like a real ear, where it gradually closes inward instead of just being a giant hole.
Well the head on that is a splice. For those of you that don't know the term, a splice is a composite of features from existing sprites. The head is Hausen from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword(Lyn's Grandfather,) the eyes are from Jan(Nino's uncle who had like one appearance the whole game,) and Roartz from FE6(the guy behind the coup in Etruria.) I didn't change the proportions, I just worked over them.

As for the hand, it's too signify that he's walking with a cane.(all the elderly generics have them.)
[Image: NuRavenFormat-5.png]

A fully custom remake of Raven from Fire Emblem 7 based on his official game art.
i'd asume thats a "no, sorry, all i can do is fire emblem edits".
(08-17-2012, 02:04 AM)Meta Wrote: [ -> ]i'd asume thats a "no, sorry, all i can do is fire emblem edits".

"Edits" isn't entirely accurate. I have the skill to make fully custom portraits as well.

Also yes, Fire Emblem is all I care to do. It's my specialty and I have no reason to branch out. Besides, Fire Emblem has some of the best detailed face portraits around, despite only being 16 colors.
What he is trying to say is that you shouldn't limit yourself to just Fire Emblem sprites. If that's really all you want to do then I don't think people here will want to help for very long since we like to see people trying new things and improving upon themselves.
exactly. there is no point in posting your stuff here since basically you're not even trying to improve or at least expand on the subject. hell, you're claiming you can do fully "custom" protraits yet you're bound to do them inthe exact same perspective without any kind of chance to use that "knowledge" into something else -otherwise it would not look "fire emblem-esque" thus defeating the only gimmick your shit has -honestly, fire emblem itself is quite simpleton for its art, being rather functional than anything else. its the animations of the character units that made it stand out.

basically, you're sprite editor ever -limited by your subject or by yourself. or worse, by both. even if these are suposed to be completely done from scratch, they're exactly the same thing: nor an improve or upgrade, merely a collage. quite a sad display of someone scared of trying anything else beyond its spriting diaper.
Those are very nice. They remind me of the old school NES graphics.
Hey, these are good!

You might be interested in talking with Lexou, he likes FE modding.
Pages: 1 2