The VG Resource

Full Version: Browsing Wii ISO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so ... there is a particular 2D Wii game that I've been wanting to extract sprites from for the longest time, and I have the ISO for it on my computer already ... but I'm not sure how to open it for browsing? It seems that the normal methods of browsing an ISO do not work with these files. I have been doing searches for instructions on how to do it, but so far have come up with nothing.

What do you guys use to open ISOs when ripping from a Wii game? I figure the method for this cannot be much different than how sprites were ripped from "Wario: Shake It".
The easiest way is to play the game and use Dolphin's texture dump feature which will dump all 2-D graphics that are loaded into their own folder under the "User > Dump > Textures" directory. Although if you want to try your luck or the above doesn't work for you, you can try this. This here's from my model ripping guide. Hopefully the graphic format/s is/are not in a weird unknown format!

Quote: