The VG Resource

Full Version: Mt. Fuji
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: kznjz.png]

[Image: print_Medium.jpg]
Ah, a block print! You might want to link to the reference.
Also, you dithered with wide pixels on the right, but on the left you used normal dithering. Mh.
Good to see some work from you!
This looks quite like a hanafuda card with the thick contrasting border around the image and the slight dominance of vertical height which forces the viewers focus up the image, its actually an interesting take on the reference, which is more focused on a horizontal dominance. The mountains and hills take dominance in your image, where as the trees took dominance in the reference. My only gripes are the slight readability issues stemming from 1)the dark border at the right-edge base of the mountain contrasting starkly with the white, which makes the mountain standout literally a bit too much on that corner 2)the left most tree under the mountain looks obscured from the light blue hill in front of it, rather than growing out of it as in the reference.
thanks for the critique, nindo! i'll work on that if/when i decide to continue on this. i think fine tuning it too much beyond now will make it harder for me to work on other stuff, since i have more ukyo-e style pixelarts in mind
I also think that some of the hills could be outlined with a lighter tone of blue instead of that dark shade you have there to further emphasize the suaveness of the lines. Really good, though.