The VG Resource

Full Version: [Closed for now]Anyone -Need- a Programmer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The reason for making this thread is mostly because im bored and have nothing to do. I was working on the skeletal editor, but i lost motivation. The loss of motivation is not because of the grunt work of making it, its the idea of not having a use for it right now. Im sorry to those who are waiting for it, but like most things, its just about impossible to get things done if your not motivated.

Im looking for anyone who wants to make a game, 2d or 3d, it doesnt matter. Although if its 3D, my experience in it is, to be a bit vague, beginner to immediate. But that depends on how you look at it. If you would like to make a game in 3D, we would have to talk about some things so i can inform you on whether or not i can do it. I don't have a "strong" framework, codebase, made created around 3D yet either. For 2D, i have a pretty stable framework, it supports many things and is a component based engine. I really don't know what to add here in order for people to be interested in wanting me to be or help with programming.

If you need a programmer, just comment or pm me. If you guys need some previews of what i can do, just comment on examples i should create and show you. If your unsure about me as a your programmer, im fine with "trying out" by prototyping the game or ideas. If i don't meet your standards, then its cool if you're not interested anymore.

Extra Info:
Im not interested in making a fangame because of the unoriginality to program which makes it quite boring.

If the game is free, then theres no need to pay me.

I program in:
C#

Graphics API:
XNA and
SharpDx (DirectX)

===========================================

Ok so maybe not many people have an already thought up game idea. So if anyone wants to start making a game from the ground up, im up for it.
I just have a question. Can you handle mutliplayer capabilities? The game I have in mind might have that mode.
Depends on what kind of multiplayer you're thinking of. Splitscreen, or online? I haven't done any multiplayer type of coding, but it sounds pretty easy if its on the same computer. However, networking isnt that same as splitscreening as far as i know and read. I can learn about creating online multiplayer though, but as a beginner to it, that game may not be 'intense'. What kind of game are you thinking of?
I was thinking on the same screen. The game I was thinking of was a platformer. Somewhat like Zelda 2 with exploring with maps and all that, but exploring towns like in Shantae: Risky's Revenge.
Well i havent played either of those games, but i just went and skimmed a few vids of both games. I didnt get much out of them, but thats not much of a problem since you would handle the design and ideas, ofc, while i handle the actual implementation. Same screen is no problem at all too. If those are the main details of the game,a platformer about exploration with multiplayer, then im pretty sure i can handle it.
Alright, I'll send you an explanition via PM. Showing you how it will work.
Wow, it must be veeery detailed, or have you already sent it?
It's very detailed. I'm also making examples of what stuff should look like.

EDIT: I already sent it, by the way
I replied, but this post is for others. When you present the game idea, please make sure its well thought out, descriptive, and unique. Im sorry recolorme, but i will not help you program the game because of these reasons Sad
It's okay. I'll try thinking of something else if that's okay.
Its cool. The problem was that it wasnt detailed enough to work with.
So if I add more detail, will you accept it?
I can't guarantee it. But as long as its solid enough and interesting, then i most likely will.
Wow, i expected that with a forum full of creative artists and ideas, someone would need a programmer for a game they want to make =/
Problem is most people that have the determination to make a game already know how to code. Or they don't look in the requests section, I mean this is sort of a reverse-request so it's not expected here. Normally the requests section has people asking for stuff, not asking if people want stuff. People only check here if they feel like seeing if they can help anybody, not the other way round.

Not your fault though, I personally don't know which section would fit it better.
Pages: 1 2