The VG Resource

Full Version: Virtuaboy's Sprites...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello names Virtuaboy and these are my sprites(note I go by Poketto... on Pokemon related sites)

I've always liked spriting but I'm not very good (its the shading and color picking I'm bad at) This is me stepping out of the comfort zone of 4 color gb style sprites.

[Image: spritesheet.png]

Comments and tips. Any good ideas or progams for spriting using things other than ms paint xp????
(07-29-2012, 11:21 AM)Virtuaboy123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello names Virtuaboy and these are my sprites(note I go by Poketto... on Pokemon related sites)

I've always liked spriting but I'm not very good (its the shading and color picking I'm bad at) This is me stepping out of the comfort zone of 4 color gb style sprites.

Comments and tips. Any good ideas or progams for spriting using things other than ms paint xp????
Ms Paint isn't a bad program.

Also the image link is broken.
it is it's showing up on my screen did you click the spoiler?

fixd
UPI(User Posted Image)
Try hosting it on a different site.
(07-29-2012, 11:27 AM)Shadow Kami Wrote: [ -> ]UPI(User Posted Image)

fixd it for some reason the spoiler stopped working
Postimage is weird that's all - you used the wrong link so the image was only visible to people who just viewed the images' postimage site.

I think I fixed it.
(I removed the spoiler while doing that, too, as there was no need to spiler, really)
Here another thing I did its supossed to look like a platformer pokemon game
(I had a sprite sheet with more on it but I lost it once I got a new computer.)
[Image: pokemonmockupgame.png]

Also feel free to comment on my work. I'd sure like the advice.
It's a bit dull and low desaturated. More vibrant colors suit pokémon better, I think. Tthe white highlights on their faces melt with the eyes.
I'm not sure about the outer antialiasing, it doesn't really help much.
(07-29-2012, 02:33 PM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bit dull and low desaturated. More vibrant colors suit pokémon better, I think. Tthe white highlights on their faces melt with the eyes.
I'm not sure about the outer antialiasing, it doesn't really help much.

I was going for a retro-ish look I used some actual colors from pokemon gold. That could explain the dullness you mentioned.

Also by antialiasing do you mean the color pixles outside of the sprite?
Yes, the brown pixels you have everywhere. They don't really make them look smoother and they can cause problems with variable backgrounds.
[Image: pokemonmockupgame.png]
better???
Haha, I see Miyamoto!
(07-29-2012, 03:33 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, I see Miyamoto!

Good to see someone else can see it.

Also I tried drawing on a black background and it does make drawing appear smoother.
[Image: spammy.png]
Black's nicer on the colors than white. It's usually a good idea to use a neutral color (dark gray, dull brown, etc.) when working on the colors of a sprite, because white isn't the best reference color to use for a background (there's a reason, I just can't think of why for now).
Here's some animation first time trying it out hope you like!

[Image: 1343611077170.gif]
[Image: 1343610957603.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5