The VG Resource

Full Version: A quick question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I`ve been playing a very fun game lately and decided to try to rip from it. After peaking inside the game`s files I saw that most of the sprites have already been organized into sprite sheets and whatnot.
Examples:
I fear that the people who made the game/sprites might get a bit angry that their sprite sheets were put on TSR without even a change.

So my question is: should I submit them as is, try to reorganize them to make it seem different, or not submit them at all?
As they are, they're rather badly organised so reorganisation would be favourable anyways. These sheets are obviously optimized for graphics hardware (hence the sizes) and thus so cramped.
Every single sprite sheet that I found actually has two sizes, one at normal resolution and the other in "HD" which is for the iPad I guess.

Alrighty then, I'll reorganize these and start submitting them soon. Thank you, Previous.
With "size" I was referring to the 1024x1024 and 512x512, all 2^x dimension values. Graphics hardware usually only takes textures of such sizes. Cute
How did you rip from the game?
(07-24-2012, 06:40 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]With "size" I was referring to the 1024x1024 and 512x512, all 2^x dimension values. Graphics hardware usually only takes textures of such sizes. Cute

I have to be honest with you, good sir. I have no idea what your talking about. Shy
But from what my puny brain can process, these are no good?

I now know what you mean. I already started properly aligning them and stuff. Thanks again!

(07-24-2012, 09:16 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]How did you rip from the game?

I am really stretching the definition of "rip" here.

Some iOS games have their sprites lying around their .app folder. I use my jailbroken iPad(in conjunction with iFile) to put all these sprites in .zip folder and I often have to assemble them GIMP. More often than not these games have their sprites compressed and are unobtainable.

tl: dr I have a weird process that works 10% of the time.