The VG Resource

Full Version: Terranigma - Tilesets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi There, I haven't actually seen any tilesets from Terranigma apart from the Devota Tileset from Davias, so I thought I would give it a go.

My first ever rip

[Image: Crysta-Outdoors.png]

Crysta Outdoors. More coming soon.
Credit to Zephyr_light for the original town map.

Please tell me if I missed anything, i'm sure I got them all, but you never know.

Thanks
Devota is the German name for Mosque, but this was one of my first rips on TSR so I didn't know that rippers should use English translations.

Do you have the water animation or this the rest static?
Well, I used a static city map to actually rip the tiles, credit to Zephyr_Light for it in the first place, but that has all the water animations on it.

http://spriters-resource.com/snes/terranigma/crysta.png

I'm new to the ripping scene, so I'm not sure if thats ok to do Unsure
Sorry if I offend anyone.
Davias's early rips have a lot of German names. Tongue
what does the game have to do with Mosques aren't those Islamic places of worship?
It was the name of a town in the game, might be the first one you start off in when you revive the human race.
Mosque is actually one of the last towns in the game. Since Terranigma's locations base on the real world, Mosque is the simply the capital of Russia. The German translation would be Moskau, but Claude Moyse used Devota (devot = obedient, a reference to Beruga's followers). Elle is Melina, Yomi is Fluffy, Dark Gaia is Ragnara and Light Gaia is Divina. The game has various passages with missing dramatic art and childish dialogues, but honestly, I really owe this guy something for making the game more comedic than it originally was. Terranigma is an extremely touching and sad game with more deaths than my childhood could bear, I've even cried at the end.

(07-23-2012, 04:34 PM)TheMeq Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I used a static city map to actually rip the tiles, credit to Zephyr_Light for it in the first place, but that has all the water animations on it.
I'm pretty sure the tree roots, fence, signs and well use a part of the ground in their tiles. You better rip directly from the game, this makes it easier for you to see which layers the game use.

Here are savefiles:
http://www.fantasyanime.com/legacy/terran_saves.htm
(07-23-2012, 05:56 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Mosque is actually one of the last towns in the game. Since Terranigma's locations base on the real world, Mosque is the simply the capital of Russia. The German translation would be Moskau, but Claude Moyse used Devota (devot = obedient, a reference to Beruga's followers). Elle is Melina, Yomi is Fluffy, Dark Gaia is Ragnara and Light Gaia is Divina. The game has various passages with missing dramatic art and childish dialogues, but honestly, I really owe this guy something for making the game more comedic than it originally was. Terranigma is an extremely touching and sad game with more deaths than my childhood could bear, I've even cried at the end.

(07-23-2012, 04:34 PM)TheMeq Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I used a static city map to actually rip the tiles, credit to Zephyr_Light for it in the first place, but that has all the water animations on it.
I'm pretty sure the tree roots, fence, signs and well use a part of the ground in their tiles. You better rip directly from the game, this makes it easier for you to see which layers the game use.

Here are savefiles:

I cried at the end too T_T
Mosku! Mosku! Lah lah lah blah lah lah blah!
(07-23-2012, 06:37 PM)hiynastrike Wrote: [ -> ]Mosku! Mosku! Lah lah lah blah lah lah blah!

I love that song! Big Grin
(07-23-2012, 05:56 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Mosque is actually one of the last towns in the game. Since Terranigma's locations base on the real world, Mosque is the simply the capital of Russia. The German translation would be Moskau, but Claude Moyse used Devota (devot = obedient, a reference to Beruga's followers). Elle is Melina, Yomi is Fluffy, Dark Gaia is Ragnara and Light Gaia is Divina. The game has various passages with missing dramatic art and childish dialogues, but honestly, I really owe this guy something for making the game more comedic than it originally was. Terranigma is an extremely touching and sad game with more deaths than my childhood could bear, I've even cried at the end.

Here are savefiles:

My Bad, it looked like it could be layered on top of the existing grass tiles that exist. I'll do better next time Wink

Thanks for the critique
(07-23-2012, 06:41 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2012, 06:37 PM)hiynastrike Wrote: [ -> ]Mosku! Mosku! Lah lah lah blah lah lah blah!

Moskau ist ein schönes Land, wirf die Gläser an die Wand, ha ha ha ha ha! HEY!

Mosque is a nice country, throw the glasses at the wall, ha ha ha ha ha! HEY! (the translation is not really rhyming).

@TheMeq: That's okay, everyone is a beginner at the start Wink
(07-24-2012, 06:31 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2012, 06:41 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]

Moskau ist ein schönes Land, wirf die Gläser an die Wand, ha ha ha ha ha! HEY!

Mosque is a nice country, throw the glasses at the wall, ha ha ha ha ha! HEY! (the translation is not really rhyming).

@TheMeq: That's okay, everyone is a beginner at the start Wink

its funny that we all know this song