The VG Resource

Full Version: League of Legends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I wanted to get into model ripping, so I decided to start with one of my favourite games League of Legends. It'll probably take a while to rip all of the characters from this game, so I may start a project in the future. Special thanks to ApocHedgie and Random Talking Bush for helping me get started.

Whoa.

Whoaaaaaa

I just started these today too.

:o

So uhh..

Wanna collaborate on the project? =P

So far I've got Ahri, Akali, Amumu, Anivia, and Alistar.

(07-20-2012, 07:02 PM)John2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa.

Whoaaaaaa

I just started these today too.

:o

So uhh..

Wanna collaborate on the project? =P

So far I've got Ahri, Akali, Amumu, Anivia, and Alistar.

Yeah man, that'd be awesome!
I love newbie TMR rippers Heart
But I must ask, is the model fully modeled or does it use normal maps?
(07-22-2012, 07:01 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: [ -> ]I love newbie TMR rippers Heart

for some reason Riot Games likes to keep their game Diffuse-based only, so no specular/normal maps Tongue
(07-22-2012, 02:10 PM)alexmach1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2012, 07:01 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: [ -> ]I love newbie TMR rippers Heart

for some reason Riot Games likes to keep their game Diffuse-based only, so no specular/normal maps Tongue
I'd say, a waste of space.
They must be pretty high poly with so much detail.
(07-23-2012, 01:00 PM)thegameexplorer Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say, a waste of space.
They must be pretty high poly with so much detail.

actually, the most recent models have tricounts that are just under TF2's highest detail character models (<6500), and its faster and saves memory to not calculate specular or normals ingame Tongue

plus, at most only 12 (5 players per team + mordekaiser's ghost) player models are present, so they can actually go to 10000 triangles and still run on decent PCs (halo reach has playermodels over 100,000 triangles O.o)
Mario Party 9's "HD Mario" (Title) has 5719 Tris. =P

Anyways I'll be getting more of these models up later today. All the alternate skins/models slow me down. =P
(07-20-2012, 06:43 PM)ArcticMIA Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to get into model ripping, so I decided to start with one of my favourite games League of Legends. It'll probably take a while to rip all of the characters from this game, so I may start a project in the future. Special thanks to ApocHedgie and Random Talking Bush for helping me get started.

He looks like [Image: ff4_cid-resized1.jpg]
Hm, I see what you mean. I'm surprised I didn't pick up that similarity earlier. Tongue
These are some great rips! Very nice job.

Until now, I had only ever heard the name of the game. Now I actually have some visuals to go with it!

I've uploaded these. By the way, if you want to make a better game thumbnail, go right ahead.
(07-24-2012, 05:36 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]He looks like [Image: ff4_cid-resized1.jpg]

is that cid from final fantasy?
Yup. Number four.
Amumu, the sad mummy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5