The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Bros 2012 Doomsday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

My name is BuzzNBen, and I am creating a fangame called Super Mario Bros 2012 Doomsday. The project will be the third and final instalment in the Super Mario Bros 2010 fangaming series.

In Super Mario Bros 2010, Bowser kidnaps the princess again and plans to remove the magic warp whistles and make Mario's journey more challenging. Based off of Super Mario Bros 3, my favorite game.

In Super Mario Bros 2011, Attack of the Bloopers, the blooper race wants to take over the Mushroom Kingdom, however Peach knows of 7 shards across the kingdom that could bring the Blooper King to immortality, but Bowser overhears this news and races Mario, and King Bloopers son to get the shards first.

Now, in Super Mario Bros 2012, Doomsday, it is the end of the year and Bowser is planning to take over the world once again, however he knows his plans will just be crushed by the Mario brothers. So he plans to propose an alliance with the other villians of the Mario universe, like , the Koopalings, Wart, King Boo, King K. Rool, and also enemies of his like Dimentio, Fawful, and more. Together, they can all take down the Mario brothers and use the mayan prophecy of the end of the world, control it themselves, and all rule the world.

Super Mario Bros 2012 Doomsday:

[Image: smb2012__doomsday_wallpaper_by_gardevoir...4qjoyc.png]

Super Mario Bros 2012 is a fangame in construction being developed with Game Maker 8.0 Pro. This game's engine was made by Supernova and unlike the Hello Super Mario Brothers engine, this new engine features Super Mario World physics very close to the original on the SNES.

Includes over 50 levels, many worlds ranging from the Mushroom Plains to natural disasters. It also has SPCs as the music. The levels themes get darker as you progress into the game and onto the final levels where natural disasters
like floods, earthquakes, ice ages, heat waves, and tornadoes will occur!!

Look out for the demo sometime soon this month (hopely Smile).
The demo will consist of cutscenes by GardevoirtheShroob, the first world, and a level from world 2.

And last but not least, here are some screenshots from the first world!

[Image: ScreenshotsofSMB2012.png]
These are screenshots of World 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, and Toad Town.

Check out the development and progress at:
http://smb2012-dd-reactor.fullboards.com/

Special Thanks to The Project Doomsday Team with me, Supernova, and GardevoirtheShroob.
(07-16-2012, 10:51 PM)BuzzNBen Wrote: [ -> ][Image: smb2012__doomsday_wallpaper_by_gardevoir...4qjoyc.png]

Oh man, this picture. They sure are happy for doomsday and being on fire, lol.

On a more serious note, it looks like you guys have Wart checking for the shell collision based on the specific sprite of him with his mouth open, am I right? It shouldn't be too hard to add the condition of being in contact with the mouth area.

Say you were using sprite index, in Wart's collision code with the shell you could put:

Code:
if sprite_index = spr_wart_attack
and other.x >= x + 2
and other.x < x + 8
and other.y >= y + 2
and other.y < y + 6
     {
          hitpoints -= 1
     }
else exit

This of course is assuming Wart and the shell's sprite origins are 0,0 and estimating Wart's mouth position, as well as variable names, but it will prevent him from taking damage by walking over the stationary shell with his mouth open. It also doesn't include deletion code for the shell, just an example for you.
that sounds like an extremely elaborated plot for something taht seems to be a reworked version of super mario world with some custom, style clashing sprites.
(07-16-2012, 11:44 PM)AuraLancer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2012, 10:51 PM)BuzzNBen Wrote: [ -> ][Image: smb2012__doomsday_wallpaper_by_gardevoir...4qjoyc.png]

Oh man, this picture. They sure are happy for doomsday and being on fire, lol.

On a more serious note, it looks like you guys have Wart checking for the shell collision based on the specific sprite of him with his mouth open, am I right? It shouldn't be too hard to add the condition of being in contact with the mouth area.

Say you were using sprite index, in Wart's collision code with the shell you could put:

Code:
if sprite_index = spr_wart_attack
and other.x >= x + 2
and other.x < x + 8
and other.y >= y + 2
and other.y < y + 6
     {
          hitpoints -= 1
     }
else exit

This of course is assuming Wart and the shell's sprite origins are 0,0 and estimating Wart's mouth position, as well as variable names, but it will prevent him from taking damage by walking over the stationary shell with his mouth open. It also doesn't include deletion code for the shell, just an example for you.

Thanks alot! I was spending a while trying to figure out how to make Wart close his mouth after being attacked with a shell.
Yet another typical mario fangame with another typical mario fangame plot.

It's nothing new or interesting.
Can we please get away from the "Seven Mystical X" cliche?
Let's make it "Eight Mystical X" instead for originality~
(07-17-2012, 03:14 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Can we please get away from the "Seven Mystical X" cliche?

Isn't that from Super Mario Bros x?
Because if it is, TOO MANY PEOPLE LIKE TO COMPARE MY GAMES WITH SUPER MARIO BROS X (unnecessary caps for the win).

Yea, I'll try to stay as far away from that as possible.
And to be honest, I've played Super Mario Bros x and I didn't really like it, I don't know why. Oh well.
Actually the "Seven Mystical X" cliche has been around for a while..Y'know, the Crystal Stars, Chaos Emeralds, etc... I guess this "Super Mario Bros X" used it too.
(07-18-2012, 11:54 AM)Trollerskates Wrote: [ -> ]Actually the "Seven Mystical X" cliche has been around for a while..Y'know, the Crystal Stars, Chaos Emeralds, etc... I guess this "Super Mario Bros X" used it too.

Oh. *face palm* I'm such a doofus... Yea, i looked it up and I saw super mario bros x all over the place so I just assumed. Well either way, I'll try to stay away from that anyways. In Super Mario Bros 2011, it WAS indeed 7 golden stars, but in Super Mario Bros 2012, there will not be a Seven Mystical X cliche.

Again, I'm such a doofus. Dx
Mario RPG, All three Paper Marios, Mario and Luigi, and beyond that Sonic's Chaos Emeralds, almost every Zelda game, some Kirby games, etc.
Dragon Dragon ROOOOOOOOOCK the Dragon Dragon Ball Z!
Heh, I did wrote the plot for SMB2012 before GardivorTheShroob took credit from me with his own take on my plot. Anyways, I find this game promising. I really hope the level design doesn't clash because from playing your previous games, BuzzNBen, your levels clashed horribly.
(07-18-2012, 06:37 PM)sspp03 Wrote: [ -> ]Heh, I did wrote the plot for SMB2012 before GardivorTheShroob took credit from me with his own take on my plot. Anyways, I find this game promising. I really hope the level design doesn't clash because from playing your previous games, BuzzNBen, your levels clashed horribly.

Ok, first of all. The plot for SMB2012 is nearly identical to GardivortheShroobs and mine.

However, as I like the beginning of his story a bit more, I decided to take the beginning of that, add yours in the middle, and mine to the end.

I'm mixing of storys people suggested and combining them to make the plot more interesting.
whatever you say bro.

its still another terrible SMW with sprites hacked into the screen.

i dotn see how a plot would make it any more different than you know

playing the original SMW.
Pages: 1 2