The VG Resource

Full Version: Mysterious Islandz (A 9-World Fangame in development made in FDE Exi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mysterious Islandz is a 9-world fangame that I am developing in Steluxe's (aka Darkyoshi, DeeY, DragezeeY) engine in Game Maker 8. His engine is called: FDE Engine Exi. I was heavily inspired by two SMW hacks known as Unknown Islandz and Kaos Islands, respectively made by xIque. I have my own ideas for the advancement of this game. Here are some screenies below. (Ignore the World #-#, the levels were tested on its Debug Map)

[Image: 0qgFK.png]

Plot: The plot of this game is that Mario jumped into a pipe while in the Mushroom Kingdom after eavesdropping some lowly enemies discussing about some previously unknown island chain. When he arrived out of the green pipe, he is located in a forested island (not very dense, as sunlight can be seen above and the shoreline is clearly visible). Unknown about this place, and wanting to get back to the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario explores the Mysterious Island Chain in hopes of finding a pipe that leads back to the Mushroom Kingdom. Also unknown to Mario, Bowser sets up shop in the island chain, planning to kidnap the princess and to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom. Hes currently recruiting some natives to the island chain into the Koopa Troop in hopes of overpowering the Mushroom Kingdom. So the objective is to return to the Mushroom Kingdom and later in the game, stop Bowser from conquering the Mushroom Kingdom.

World List:
World 1: Grassy Forestial Island (Grass/Forest)
World 2: The Pipeline Dome Island(Grass/Pipeline)
World 3: Desert Ruins Island(Desert laden with temples, quicksand-sunken monuments, ruined structures)
World 4: Icic Island (Cold World)
World 5: Elevated Heights Island(Variety of High Altitudes, most of it has Mushroom Platforms, SMB1 "Tree tiles")
World 6: Obscuria (or Super Mario Bros. Special Island, name pending)(Uses Super Mario Bros Special GFX from NEC)
World 7: Strange Island (based off Strange Mario Bros. series by acmlm, the creator) (Weird, 8-bit)
World 8: Ambient Pennisula Island (Jungle/Beach/Water)
World 9: Barren Core Island (Wasteland/Volcanic/Military)

The game is not meant to be easy. It has ROM-Hacky level design which im fond of. Whats the point of easy levels if you want a fangame that challenges the skill of the players? If you want to complete the game, you have to work for it by completing the challenges each level poses.
This is an ASE Team production, the same team which designed Super Mario World: ASE. As a result, most of the graphics resemble those of SMW:ASE. sspp03 is in charge of this game, and he does most of the work for the game. Ugh...
(07-12-2012, 07:02 PM)~CaMtEnDo~ Wrote: [ -> ]This is an ASE Team production, the same team which designed Super Mario World: ASE. As a result, most of the graphics resemble those of SMW:ASE. sspp03 is in charge of this game, and he does most of the work for the game. Ugh...

Mostly because of the lack of contributions for my game on the ASE Reactor for nearly half a year that I've decided to do more work of my game. Currently, I'm putting my conceptualized drawing of the World 1 map of Mysterious Islandz that was a pic in my photobucket account to use.