The VG Resource

Full Version: Slender Man Video Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yes there is a slender man video game now!

Here's a wiki about the game,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_(video_game)

this game is still brand new and is in beta still,

if you guys have guts to play it here's a link to this creepy game

http://www.parsecproductions.net/slender/

also as a suggestion play it at night time in the dark with your door closed

also you can talk about if it scared you if it did't anything slender man related ^^
No thank you, if I ever feel the urge to get a heart attack I'll play Amnesia. I only need one freaky game and I'd rather play what I paid for (although to be honest this doesn't look quite as bad).

Still, basing a game off a meme = not a bad idea, albeit unoriginal.
Now I feel old for having no clue what this is...
(07-09-2012, 01:54 PM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]Now I feel old for having no clue what this is...

a stupid poorly-made game about a stupid poorly-made meme
@Goemar: Really? Here you go:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slender-man
@Goemar sorry i forgot to add, the history of slenderman incase someone doesn't know what it is, Shy here's the history of this mysterious being,

http://slenderman.wikidot.com/slender-man

@alexmach1 really i found that game was really well done also it was made by only 1 guy -.- also it's still in beta testing for crying out loud, plus that meme is awesome in my opinion ^^
The Slender Man model in the game was extremely poorly done, but everything else was top notch. It was an utterly, utterly terrifying experience.
the movespeed is terrible, the slenderman model is static, there is no sound other than static and ambient instruments, the environment is flat and generic and the scare is lame and only works once. its a good thing its free, because no one should ever buy it.

also, the big scare is that you are supposed to see him in the distance/background and make him disappear the next second, and yet he often appears out in the open just far away enough that you don't die and can stare at the ugly model forever, and it just stays there, and everytime he enters camera range a heavy sound plays which absolutely ruins the effect.
@alexmach That's what made it scary though also you can run ingame, and the fact he randomly appears out of thin air 0.0, i found it way scarier than silent hill games and resident evil games and i rarely get scared from horror movies or video games, plus i said it's in Beta, the creator of this game is planning to add chapters to this game as well as improve the models ingame, also is it really that hard to mute your volume if you don't like those sound effects?
(07-09-2012, 04:15 PM)senjen Wrote: [ -> ]is it really that hard to mute your volume if you don't like those sound effects?

its not that. you're in a (massive) forest, so why are the only sounds you hear the occasional music notes and a piano slam?
Because it's in beta. You shouldn't expect a beta version of anything to do half of what it should do. If these things persist in the full version, then you can start complaining.
Heh I actually had a Slenderman game idea myself.

Instead of the woods it takes place in an abandoned complex. The whole game is First Person through a camera, just like Marble Hornets. Throughout the game you will experience camera distortion when near something otherworldly. Occasionally the camera will flash disturbing images. Getting too much distortion will result in your camera turning off... Game Over. (yeah okay it's kind of like Amnesia)
@koopaul well that actually sound like a neat concept, i wonder what the title of your slenderman idea would be called?

also what's interesting is a guy at IGN even reviewed this slender game and said it was the most terrifying gaming experience he ever had! and alot people that played it said it reminded them of Amnesia Dark Descent ^^
I don't like how close he appears, I think it'd be best if he appeared off in the distance, and was all tentacled and shit like in some of the meme pics, walked behind a tree, then out from behind another, different, much closer tree. The musical sting pretty much guarantees that it'll only work once. Still, no game has ever made me feel more like I was being toyed with.

Edit: And I think the suit cheapens it.

come on it`s not that bad i found that part actually scared me especially when you turn around and he appears closer to you
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5