The VG Resource

Full Version: Voltron sprites for DEATH BATTLE by ScrewAttack.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello TSR community,
I am looking for a couple of talented sprite artists who would like to partake in creating a sprite sheet of Voltron for the ScrewAttack.com webshow entitled DEATH BATTLE.

For those of you who are wondering what DEATH BATTLE is, it is a show very much like Spike's Deadliest Warrior. But instead of real life combatants, the show puts two fictional characters (video game, comic, movie, ect.) against each other to find out who would come on top in a DEATH BATTLE.

If you would like to know more, here are a few episodes:
Goomba VS Koopa
Vageta VS Shadow
Luke Skywalker VS Harry Potter
Mario VS Sonic
Zelda VS Peach

So for the show we are looking for a few basic poses such as getting hurt, block, kick, sword, ect. There has been no OFFICIAL announcement, but these sprites would be used in a possible (but likely) Megazord VS Voltron episode. If we make a good Voltron sprite collection, they'll use it. Another spriter and myself have already began work on this sheet.

[Image: VOLTRONWORKONTHIS-1.png]

So what's in it for YOU? Well obviously you'd have a Voltron sprite sheet that you could hang on your fridge (or perhaps submit to places such as TSR). Also your work would be featured in an animated battle along with being credited at the end of the episode when it is made!

So if you are interested in helping out or want to know more, you can contact me by leaving a comment here, PM me here on the site or email me at [email protected]

Thank you for your time
~Goomba Xx (Spencer W.)
Have you tried looking for Go Lion!/Voltron Super Robot Wars sprites? He has appeared in the series (most recently Super Robot Wars W) and has quite the number of frames.

And asking for a full sheet is kinda adding to the payload to what another member is currently working on so.. Yeah. But with this video as a ref for all attacks it should be useful.
Oh Wow. I didn't even know about this game! I'll show this to Ben (the director) although the goofy size proportions might not work for the show. YeI understand that working on a full sheet is a big undertaking, which is why I want multiple people to help me make it.

Thanks for the video link! It'll definitely be helpful! Smile
You might want to ask for these sprites to be ripped, I wouldn't reccommend getting them straight from youtube screenshots, it would be tiresome and the quality might be poor.

And for the reasoning of the goofy sprites is that it's super deformed, basically a bigger head with a smaller body size. Aside from appearance, the storyline is quite serious and it actually spans into numerous games. (the 1st Super Robot Wars (GB) -> Super Robot Wars W (DS)/Super Robot Wars Z (PS3))
(07-07-2012, 08:19 PM)Gaia Wrote: [ -> ]You might want to ask for these sprites to be ripped, I wouldn't reccommend getting them straight from youtube screenshots, it would be tiresome and the quality might be poor.

And for the reasoning of the goofy sprites is that it's super deformed, basically a bigger head with a smaller body size. Aside from appearance, the storyline is quite serious and it actually spans into numerous games. (the 1st Super Robot Wars (GB) -> Super Robot Wars W (DS)/Super Robot Wars Z (PS3))

I'm considering doing that. Just asking Ben first to see what he thinks. Do you know what other games in the series they had Voltron appear in prior to Super Robot Wars W? I'm just looking around to see if anybody has already ripped the sprites.

Thanks again!
Actually according to wikipedia, it's Voltron's first appearance in the series! I wonder why they were holding him off for a long time though, and since DS ripping still practically young, it's not probably ripped yet, rom's been floating around though.
Ah okay! I ran the video by Ben and he agreed that the sprites were too goofy for use in the show. So I'm still going to look for any spriters who would like to help out with the sheet.

Thank you for the suggestion!