The VG Resource

Full Version: DragezeeY's Graphics Showcase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 3478kmh.png]
DragezeeY's Tileset IV - Comment it in dA

[Image: 35hp9b6.png]
Custom SM3DLand Flags - Comment it in dA

[Image: 2n70a3n.png]
Bulky Cheep-Cheep

[Image: 15d2mxg.gif] [Image: 2qptw.gif]
[Image: dxo2fk.png]
Goomba Attempt

I'll be updating this topic when I have more sprites.
The fire-flowers sides are too straight. The large coin needs to have some kind of shine and the rotation looks odd, same with the starman, it's "inbetween" frames make it look like it's twisting as the 'legs' are just moving closer together rather than turning with the it.

The majority of your line-art is fine (minus the big star coin) and the shading looks good enough. Some may argue for more contrast but I think it's fine where it stands at the moment.

It would be nice if you made an example with your grass tiles to better see how they look, but at the moment they seem just grand.
I made a HUGE update to the tileset, Click the link in the first post to see it.
It'd be neat if you'd also assemble the tiles without gaps in between, the grid makes it hard to judge how they work when connected.

The pipes look really flat. The one pixel width bright green lines next to the white highlight make that look really blurry and the grey on top is all off, it shouldn't be darker there when the rest of the upper line is brighter.
[Image: BU5ww.png]

Your rotating stars look awkward, the eyes appear to rotate faster than the lower angles. Basically, you shouldn't just condense them horizontally. Emphasize that one is actually moving further away fromt he viewer (ie by applying more dark shading).
They could use a little more contrast, anyways. Almost all of them but especially the yellow ramp.
@Previous: Mind If I add the pipe that you fixed?

EDIT: I updated the pipes, rotatin' star and the star coins.
Nah, feel free to use them Cute
Make sure to sprite proper versions for the bottom-facing ones, though! Shading should be different there.
I made an update in the tileset Cute
Another Update!

- Added more tiles in the tileset
- Added a goomba attempt
The pipes still need proper bottom parts that don't disregard the lightsource!

Your GIF frames have all an "undefined" undraw method and thus, all the frames stay after being drawn giving a weird effect. YOu may want to try different settings or different software.
Contrast on Goomba seems to be really low.