The VG Resource

Full Version: Chrono Cross Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first time at the textures side of things. I hope I’m doing everything correctly….

While I’m ripping the portraits—and other sprite-like stuff—from Chrono Cross, I thought I would rip the textures as well, in large part because I’m so impressed by them! These are really high quality textures for a PSX game. There’s so much detail that’s impossible for the PSX graphics to convey! (Like one of Nikki’s fans in Termina actually has a little portrait of him on a medallion! I don’t know if that character ever even turns to face the camera, and yet they went to all that effort…it almost makes me wonder if the game was supposed to be a PS2 launch title, and then they decided to move its release date up.) I’m not planning on doing the textures for the monsters at the moment. D’you think I should do them, too?

Anyway, here are the ones I’ve gotten ready so far.

Serge’s mother, Marge:
[Image: margetextureicon.png]
[Image: Marge.png]

Leena’s sister, Una:
[Image: Unaicon.png]
[Image: Una.png]

Toma the 14th and his partner Ash:
[Image: tomaandashicon.png]
[Image: TomaandAsh.png]

Random Arni Villagers from the Home World:
[Image: arnivillagershomeicon.png]
[Image: ArniVillagersHome.png]

Poshul:
[Image: poshulicon.png]
[Image: Poshul.png]

As you no doubt noticed, for Poshul I included both the battle and field textures, since they're slightly different. Would it be okay for me to add my rips of the battle textures to the characters whose textures are already ripped? (Including credit to the original ripper for the field textures, obviously.) Or should I do a submission just of their battle textures? I know the battle textures aren’t hugely different, but given that they include expressions I thought that would make them useful to have. I don’t know what the generally accepted policy is on things like that, though, so I thought I should ask…
Seems a bit silly, but I've prepared a few more textures already...

NPCs Zippa, Yu and Mi:
[Image: Zippaicon.png]
[Image: Zippa.png]
[Image: yuandmiicon.png]
[Image: yuandmi.png]

And party-member Guile:
[Image: guiletextureicon.png]
[Image: guiletexture.png]
I wish we had Models we could put on those icons. Stretched textures are just not pretty to look at. Tongue
Great work though!
(07-02-2012, 11:58 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]I wish we had Models we could put on those icons. Stretched textures are just not pretty to look at. Tongue
Great work though!

I know there's a way to get the models from the disk, I just don't know how to do it yet. But I found a bunch of the models on Chrono Compendium. However you need Blender to view them. Thread , Download links
(07-02-2012, 02:53 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: [ -> ]I know there's a way to get the models from the disk, I just don't know how to do it yet. But I found a bunch of the models on Chrono Compendium. However you need Blender to view them. Thread , Download links

You seriously rule, you know that? This is awesome! Maybe not as awesome as being able to rip them oneself, but still...this is sweet!

I think I need to give that Chrono Compendium a thorough searching to see what other amazing secrets it holds... Wink
Just wanted to post a little more to prove that I'm still going on this project. Problem is, I've been hooked on another game lately, and so although I've slowly been moving forward through Chrono Cross, I haven't been preparing the textures I've ripped. (I've got a whole bunch of them...they just aren't cleanly assembled into sheets and stuff.)

Anyway, I did prepare party member Razzly's textures. I had almost finished preparing the textures for the Acacia Dragoons, too, but then Photoshop crashed, and I couldn't muster the strength to re-do everything....

[Image: Razzlyicon.png]
[Image: Razzly.png]

Hopefully, I'll get my act together and prepare the other sheets soon. (I have a bunch more party members, and all the townspeople from Termina Another, Guldove Another and Marbule Another...oh, yeah, and Arni Another, too. I can't believe I haven't even gotten that one ready yet...geez, what's with me?)
Would you be so kind as to tell me what sections all this stuff should go under? Like make a small list telling which ones go under playable characters, NPCs, enemies, misc., etc. because I don't know this game at all. Tongue
Everyone is an NPC but Poshul, Guile, and Razzly.
...So what would Poshul, Guile and Razzly be? Playables? Tongue
They are. Big Grin
Okie, your first texture submissions are now on the site. Big Grin