The VG Resource

Full Version: Plants vs Zombies all sounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The files have now been converted into .wav files, and of course I did keep in mind to not accidentally include "zombie on your lawn", that was the only music file that wasn't a module.
link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f5sjfd67zs92kkn
Have you read the sound submission guidelines first? We'd rather not accept them in .OGG format (while they're smaller in size, it's not a very suitable format for sound FX), they should always be left in their original .WAV format (if they weren't .WAV originally, then you should convert them).
We also can't accept any music files or instrument samples because of copyright, only the sound effects. If you can't find anything to convert those two .AU files, then just leave them out because no one will be able to use them. Chances are they aren't actually sound effect files anyway, and if they are, well, there's nothing you can do.
If the .WAV files end up being 30MB (the site's current limit for uploading) or over when you .ZIP/.RAR them, then you will have to split them into multiple parts.
Once you fix those things, I can upload this. Smile
(06-28-2012, 01:29 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Have you read the sound submission guidelines first? We'd rather not accept them in .OGG format (while they're smaller in size, it's not a very suitable format for sound FX), they should always be left in their original .WAV format (if they weren't .WAV originally, then you should convert them).
We also can't accept any music files or instrument samples because of copyright, only the sound effects. If you can't find anything to convert those two .AU files, then just leave them out because no one will be able to use them. Chances are they aren't actually sound effect files anyway, and if they are, well, there's nothing you can do.
If the .WAV files end up being 30MB (the site's current limit for uploading) or over when you .ZIP/.RAR them, then you will have to split them into multiple parts.
Once you fix those things, I can upload this. Smile
OGG is actually a better format for SFX and music because of the compression and high quality. Almost every music player from this time can play those with ease.

AND WHY DIDN'T I LOOK AT THE POST DATE? WHHY?

The stuff is fixed btw.
But not everyone can play .OGG format right away. Those people would have to convert them anyway. .WAV is completely lossless as well and is more widely supported. We also need to keep our list of formats on the site as small as possible. Also I know they're fixed, I'll get them soon.
It's up! Sorry it took so long.