The VG Resource

Full Version: [Art] Punishing Strawberry Fields Forever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is based on something I saw in the movie "Across The Universe" during the song "Strawberry Fields Forever"

It's based on a Beatles song, but this art is more just based on the way that the fruit of life is generally destroyed through its own creativity.
The sewing needle represents creativity, basically, stabbing life in the heart.
The Strawberry is actually drawn by hand with a reference (I bought some strawberries) and has a limited ammount of colours, The spatter on the shading is supposed to represent blood spatter (or juice, in this case) and display the shape of the fruit better. Although I think it just looks like I did a crappy job shading it.

Anyway, here it is.
[Image: punishmentdd4.jpg]
I made it mainly to be my new background Tongue
Looking good.

I like the simplicity of the vector-art here... Hope to see more Dazz.
I like it.
The drawing is very good, in fact when I first saw it, I thought it was a bitmap trace. I like it how the blood splatter isn't too vivid or dark a red, maintains it's purpose without drawing too much focus.
I think it's wonderful.
That was my favorite part of that movie.... That canvas of strawberries.
Thanks for the positive comments folks Big Grin
I love it. I haven't seen the movie but I really really want to. This picture wants me to see it even more.