The VG Resource

Full Version: First Post: NSMB-World 3 Boss (Cheepskipper)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. This post is both to introduce myself as well as submit a sprite sheet. I'm sure everybody is familiar with Cheepskipper from New Super Mario Bros. The world 3 boss is now available as a sprite sheet.

[Image: newsupermariobroscheeps.th.png].

Let me know what you think and I'll be sure to return the favor
nah, that's a 3-D model
NSMB has a static 2D camera for the main levels though, so Cheepskipper can be ripped. The problem is separating the water from Cheepskipper to make better rips of his poses.

EDIT - You can see how the boss battle goes here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsTdChLXaVk
That is so true. I couldn't easily separate the water since Cheepskipper and the water are on the same layer.
I really don't think we should be taking any 3D models at all unless they've been converted to sprites, but that's me.
A static camera might be okay (see Library Animations for DQM Joker), but in this case the rip is useless due to the water overlayer and this reddish bling-bling.
Dazz actually doesn't like the idea of ripping 3D models (this includes DQM), but he's allowing it since so much work has been put into the project already.
Me, I wouldn't rip them as "sprites", but if the camera angle or lighting never changes and you really want to then that's up to you.
(06-27-2012, 05:20 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]A static camera might be okay (see Library Animations for DQM Joker), but in this case the rip is useless due to the water overlayer and this reddish bling-bling.

The reddish blin bling is when Cheepskipper is hurt. Every enemy with more than one hit turns red for a short animation