The VG Resource

Full Version: Remix Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What programs do you use to do remixes of video game music?
Audacity, Fl studio
FL Studio is a commonly used program to create more modern sounding remixes.
I hate to post in one of WolfBunny's threads, but I may as well ask this here while I'm thinking about it.
What composition program has the easiest learning curve that isn't a MIDI maker? Because MIDIs don't exactly sound the best on my sound card/drive.
There is FamiTracker yes, but anything else that isn't just chiptune would be nice to have as well.
Most people use FL Studio
Oh, well, I'll try it then, eheh.

EDIT: Actually uhh, the download is really huge... I would never use all those features. Eh, I'll have a look at MadTracker.
(09-07-2012, 03:36 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, well, I'll try it then, eheh.

EDIT: Actually uhh, the download is really huge... I would never use all those features. Eh, I'll have a look at MadTracker.

There's a program called LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio).
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/
Thanks Rox, I'll try that one too. Smile
You might want to take a gander at Mario Paint Composer. It's not the most professional tool, I don't think you can even export sound directly (you'll have to record your Stereo Mix output) but I've seen some really awesome stuff made with it.
Oh yeah, I remember that. I don't want anything professional grade, just something decent. It's true some lovely stuff has been made with it. I might take a look at it, thanks puggsoy. c:
(09-03-2012, 06:33 PM)Angel Plague Wrote: [ -> ]FL Studio is a commonly used program to create more modern sounding remixes.

I use FL Studio for orchestral remixes, simply because it happens to be the program I have available.
(09-08-2012, 05:42 AM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]really awesome stuff

I almost died from happiness. ;~;
(09-08-2012, 05:42 AM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]really awesome stuff
Crap, I almost had a brain meltdown.

Also what would happen if we let gors make something with that?