The VG Resource

Full Version: Texture problem with model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure where to put this, so please excuse me if this thread is in the wrong section.

I dl'ed the palutena model from ssbb from the models resource, but there are a couple of problems that occur with the textures for it. First, I found that the textures would not even load with the obj file. I found that the problem was that the mtl file was named palutena.mtl whereas the obj file references DolPalutena.mtl.

However, after fixing this, the textures load but don't look right in certain areas. The feet textures and top part of the dress don't look right. I tried loading the obj file in multiple viewers, but it never looks right in any of them.

Pic: [Image: x1at4y.jpg]
The reason the model doesn't look the same is because, the model on the left has shaders. While the model on the right does not.
There's a model section... come on... try?
(06-19-2012, 04:18 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: [ -> ]The reason the model doesn't look the same is because, the model on the left has shaders. While the model on the right does not.

Well I know that but what about the textures for the feet as well as the top of her, er, chest?

(06-19-2012, 04:30 PM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]There's a model section... come on... try?

Well that's where I was thinking of putting it, but it didn't seem like there was a section for reporting any problems with accepted models.
I think Model Discussion would have been fine. Don't worry a mod will come along and pop it into the right place soon enough.

(Unless that £50 I sent Dazz has convinced him maybe I should be a mod and thus move it now...)

And, not sure about her chest. But yeah the feet do look a bit off.
Moved to Model Discussion.
Also, I don't know what to tell you as I wasn't the one who submitted Lady Palutena.
OK, I checked out the model, the problem is that the UV's need to be scaled up on the x axis. But only for the .obj. The .dae is fine.
(06-19-2012, 04:18 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: [ -> ]The reason the model doesn't look the same is because, the model on the left has shaders. While the model on the right does not.

(06-19-2012, 09:06 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I checked out the model, the problem is that the UV's need to be scaled up on the x axis. But only for the .obj. The .dae is fine.

i'm not sure how to do that on my own. will the model on the site be updated?
(06-19-2012, 09:44 PM)delpo Wrote: [ -> ]i'm not sure how to do that on my own. will the model on the site be updated?

I don't know if it will be updated, but you can have this one. I fixed the obj for you.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x23t5bt6rj2bd73