The VG Resource

Full Version: 1 Hour Sprite Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had about an hour before I had to get ready for work today and I noticed that Pixel Joint's comp theme was to sprite a villain, and I decided that I would enter, limiting myself to the hour I had left. This is the result:

[Image: 2mi1502.jpg]

Not the most visually stunning thing but still. I'd like to see others try the same challenge. It's a fun little challenge to give yourself.
Haha, 25 thanks and not a single post.

Anyways, I was kinda hoping to see others try their hand at a 1 hour sprite.
Looks great! I'll give the challenge a shot tomorrow or somethin'. Smile
Don't know how it'll turn up, but hey I'll give it a try.
Make a villain in only an hour?
I'll give it a shot Big Grin
I gave it a try. It didn't turn out all that well, but I like it. Also I found out how to make the backround transparent so this is a win for me Smile
[Image: Fatman-1.png]
Seeing as it generally takes me a few weeks to come up with something I like, I doubt that mine will look like much, but I'll give it a shot.

I would've either made the head bigger or everything else smaller.
Gimme some time. I'm gonna try this challenge soon enough.
[Image: PLbb2.png]

I redid the pose like 10 times and it still looks awkward Very Sad
it's mainly the middle of the body facing to our right while the legs pointing left. It looks really weird indeed. If you imagine that yellow thing as a belt buckle, you'll realize how twisted his legs are.
Gave it a try today, took me little under an hour to do.
[Image: 0sodb.png]
What do guys think about it?
I suddenly found myself having roughly an hour to sprite.
[Image: darkwhim.png]
Clearly due to lack of precise timing, and outright failing to make anything good, I'll have to make a proper entry latter if I wish to take up this challenge. Tongue Just thought I'd show the results.

I can't seem to make laser orbs of spikey energy absorbing nor laser wings AT ALL...
[Image: nlv69i.jpg]

This is all that I got in 1 hour. Big Grin