The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Starting a new topic cuz updates

Sheet
[Image: hotelmariosheetlh1.png]

New walking
[Image: Mariohrun-1.gif]

Bowser
[Image: Bowser.png]
Good job
Those are awesome, nice work!
No crits on the style, shading, etc... Though, for that walking animation, one arm has a different swing compared to the other. That's pretty unnatural.
Great shading dex
'Sup, Dex?

Anyway, like I've said on AIM, MSN, MFGG, and everywhere I bother to, these are really great. Lookin' forward to a full sheet.
Awesome job, man.
Thanks, thanks.

@Geo, I don't really see the problem, nor do people swing their arms perfectly in real life anyways.

Update, though. Bob-Omb

[Image: 2-1.gif]
(09-04-2008, 06:37 PM)Dex Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, thanks.

@Geo, I don't really see the problem, nor do people swing their arms perfectly in real life anyways.

Update, though. Bob-Omb

[Image: 2-1.gif]

'Course plumbers don't shoot fireballs or toss giant spike turtles around in real life either.

The point is, there's a big difference between not swinging arms perfectly... and walking like a retard. The problem that you conveniently don't see is that his right arm, left for us, remains rather stiff and doesn't seem to rise much, while this left arm bends and goes upward as he swings it forward. Basically, his right arm is suggesting somewhat of a casual walk, while his left arm seems to suggest a march of sorts. It may be minor, but it's still pretty off.

The Bob-omb... I think the eyes should be a bit more brighter to stand out more. The metal part is also rather big and it seems to be placed incorrectly, but that might just be the style. His right leg could be pushed a bit more inward. It's throwing off the "symmetry." I also think the legs, not feet, are too thick, but that might be the style... Do you plan to add the Wind-Up thing?
I still don't understand what you're saying with the arms. They raise almost the exact same height, but that's fine. A small edit would help me relay it a bit.

About the Bob-omb, your complaints generally clash what I was going with for the style. They don't have to be like the originals, y'know. Thanks for the crit though, I understand what you're saying.

[Image: mariospoh4.gif]
A subpixel animation WIP. For those who DON'T know what this is, it is where everything within the lineart is animated, yet the lines don't change. It makes things smoother and more realistic. This is not all of the idle, by the way. Thanks for all the comments, TsR.
(09-05-2008, 10:13 PM)Dex Wrote: [ -> ]For those who DON'T know what this is

Oh, ha ha. I'm guessing you mean me, mostly?

Anyway, like I said, more pixel movement would be nice. Perhaps a little more work on the hand, too; kinda looks like it's growing, and not due to perspective. Still don't mean I'll use this animation though.

I just think you're experimenting for the sake of experimenting. Nothing wrong with that, though.
Sub pixel is actually animating with AA, to represent movements smaller than a pixel.

Also, the animation is great so far, though your shoulders tend to move when you breathe, don't they?
'tis why it's a wip

thanks

now get on MSN
right

I forgot TsR doesn't comment anymore
Can't wait for weegee. Heart
Pages: 1 2