The VG Resource

Full Version: skyward sword hearts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am playing hero mode on skyward sword and keep dying. It seems that there is a lack of health in the game?

I have decided to try to find all the skyward sword heart pieces to help me stay alive. Does anybody know of a good guide to do so?

I been using this skyward sword heart pieces guide but would like a video based one maybe so its more detailed.

The images help a bit but i get lost a lot and am easily confused.
a good tip is to constantly block or keep your distance from enemies. running in swinging a sword is a bad idea Tongue

the way legend of zelda games work is that you gain hearts progressively as you go thru the game. for example, there is no way to have more than 5 hearts by the first boss battle.

as long as you look at encounters slowly, you won't die as much. if one strat doesnt work, try another.
alternatively, buying heart medallions boost your health which imo was a bad decision >.>
Actually AlexMatch1, I believe you mean the Life Medal. It acts as a full heart container since otherwise the heart total would be 18 (since there's 2 life medals).

Anyways, find the Heart Medal. It will cause hearts to spawn like in normal mode.
God the Life Medal was a stupid idea. It's like they ran out of ideas for getting more Heart Pieces.

Um, as for advice. You do know sitting down also recovers Hearts right? There's stumps and riocks you can sit on all over the place.
(06-12-2012, 05:50 PM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]God the Life Medal was a stupid idea. It's like they ran out of ideas for getting more Heart Pieces.

Um, as for advice. You do know sitting down also recovers Hearts right? There's stumps and riocks you can sit on all over the place.
Except for in dungeons which can be a pain considering monsters do more damage in Hero Mode.

Also, I like the Life Medal idea. It makes you have to think about whats really important to keep on you and what isn't.
Yeah, but would you really want to carry those two life medals over a guardian potion+ and a heart potion++?
I haven't played Skyward Sword, but shouldn't you be able to put fairies in bottles (or some kind of alternative, like purple potion in Phantom Hourglass)? If so, I recommend to fill up all your bottles. A purple potion literally saved my life in PH, I'd forgotten about it but it helped me beat the final boss battle.
Naw I just love hunting for Heart Pieces. Life Medal makes me feel cheated out of a good treasure hunt or side quest.