The VG Resource

Full Version: Classy Shinbs'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey TSR,I think it's my first actual post here.I'm Shinbaloonba/Shinbs,and I usually contribute to Deebs' ModGen projects,as well as work on my own sprites in the style.I mostly sprite and sheet the classic characters,as Deebs and the other already have the modern counterparts covered.
Here's my most recent stuff:
[Image: classicshadow.png]
More modern stuff,also includes the madeup classic Shadow,Blaze,Nega,classic SOAP and SA1 lightspeed shoes.
[Image: classiceggman.png]
[Image: knuckles.png]
I made more poses for these two,but couldn't find them.
[Image: classicsonicms.png]
Fixed some minor stuff and added the signpost.This minisheet is now finished and I plan to submit to TSR as it is.
[Image: classicmetalsonic.png]
[Image: tailsnew.png]
And some minor progress on Metal and Tails.
I can't describe how good these sheets look. Big Grin
Are you planning to make any modern sonic sprites? Or sprite guidelines on how to sprite sonic?
Hey man, nice of you to drop by (finally). Just watch out for some nitpickers, you might not know when they're ready to pounce, other than that nice work.
Ah I always wondered who some of those people were. Nice work.

This cheered me up a bit thanks!
@BB97:
Thanks man,there are some modern sprites on the Shadow file,but if you're asking if I plan to sheet them,then no.
I replied to your PM too,I'm not sure what you mean by guidelines.

@Gaia:
Hey man!
Some years ago I thought TSR was full of pricks,but judging by your topic,it seems all they really want is to help us actually improve,so I guess I'll enjoy this place.
@Koopaul:
Thanks,the project contributors have a lot of cool things on their own too.
----
Btw,I plan to post some of my personal stuff too (original style,original characters,not Sonic,etc),since they're prolly a lot more relevant to TSR,so keep an eye out.
Sounds good. Some original work will really give you some a lot of respect around here.
Alright,I currently have no access to my PC,so I'll have to rely on posting old things that are already uploaded.Some of these are from last year,so keep in mind that they might be outdated:
[Image: timeline.png]
An outdated timeline of some of my personal characters.The small flat colored sprites are the current versions.You'll see that some characters started life as Sonics,but I never really cared for fancharacters so I made them into something more original.
[Image: tovs.png]
Here are some sprites I've made in this style,to go with the Shinbs sprite made by Shibuya.The kid in jeans is Perigi's character,and the robot guy is Gaia,the rest are characters of my own.Oh yeah,and Bonus Nakoruru.
[Image: pasrefs.png]
Bigger sprites/references of my characters,to show off their designs,as the original sprites are small and limited.Also incluedes alt palettes based on the original looks,AND alt.costumes for Shinbs and Alicia.
[Image: lvndrz.png]
And a lot of gifts and requests I made to people last year.
[Image: newgifts.png]
More requests.
[Image: robattle.png]
More unfinished requests and some Medabots.
[Image: UaYfj.png]
A joke "super" form I made for Shinbs,because I'm sick of unoriginal super forms.

And if you don't get the reference..well,YOU CAN KISS MY ASS.

Everything in this post is made from scratch,I heard you guys like those things.I'll post a few more Sonic related things later.
Although I've seen these at MFS/MFZ, they are certainly quite new here.
The Shinbs super form sprite looks interesting. Not that many shades though. Did you do that on purpose, or...
Those larger sprites all look off-balance to me. They appear to be leaning backwards in a rather unnatural way.
yoou seem to rely way too much on "bases" than actually working a character's pose to reflect either his attitude or personality. wich makes them look like an edit of an edit.
In shinbs' defense it's actually harder than it looks to stop using bases completely. I'm pretty sure that even the best spriters do this too, trust me on this one. Not easy, just takes awhile. we're not that good (aka: 15 yr old spriters from deviantart who never edited a single sonic sprite) so wth is with the standards?
Well, it's not hard to stop using bases if you never used them to begin with, They aren't the only way to sprite figures. I've never used them to sprite, myself.
(06-11-2012, 03:55 PM)Gaia Wrote: [ -> ]In shinbs' defense it's actually harder than it looks to stop using bases completely. I'm pretty sure that even the best spriters do this too, trust me on this one. Not easy, just takes awhile. we're not that good (aka: 15 yr old spriters from deviantart who never edited a single sonic sprite) so wth is with the standards?

Because people who have been spriting as long as we have don't know how hard spriting can be

Please stop with the victimizing, we've all had these kinds of phases, so you're really not special. We know how hard it is. We're using our experience to help others, not to make people ~feel bad~ because they're not yet out of the phases we've been through

It really doesn't matter to anyone how hard it is in the first place. It's hard for everyone. EVERYONE. We're not magically good, we had to do things that were
oh no

HARD
Strange how that works, right?

That's why you, y'know, try. He's saying stop doing these things so he can get better. Why would you even feel the need to defend him from legitimate C+C? We all understand it's not easy. So what are we expected to do, tell him not to try or what? What is your point?
While I do know spriting is difficult, sometimes you can just actually try it yourself and the results would be the same. While self-teaching is good, but it's better to get some help, but learning stuff on your own can feel a bit more rewarding.

What I actually suggest is animating some of these, haven't seen any animations from you yet.
Pages: 1 2 3